India - How to Obtain Domicile Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant shall visit their respective district revenue /collector/municipal/thasildhar office to apply in-person with the documents specified under required documents session.
- Please go the respective office. Submit the completed application obtained from office along with required documents.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This application will be verified by the respective authorities as per instruction.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details provided.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the respective higher authority to decide and issue the certificate to the applicant.
- Applicant will get the certificate in 15 days after due verification.
- Apart from the mentioned required documents, applicant has to provide any additional information/document as asked by the respective authorities while applying.
- Fee requirement is also to be paid as authorities quote.
- Applicant may be asked to prove his stay in the state for a particular period(10 years/15 years etc).
- In some states applicant shall approach over the counter services like CSC centres/e-seva etc to apply.
- In some states applicant shall apply using the respective state department online portal.
- Find the contact details and application form from the respective state portal procedures by using the link provided under respective states below.
Please select the state name for respective State Procedure.
Andaman and Nicobar – Andhra Pradesh – Arunachal Pradesh – Assam – Bihar – Chandigarh – Chhattisgarh – Daman and Diu – Goa - Gujarat – Haryana – Himachal Pradesh – Jammu and Kashmir – Jharkhand – Karnataka – Kerala – Lakshadweep – Madhya Pradesh – Maharashtra – Manipur – Meghalaya – Mizoram – Nagaland – New Delhi – Odisha – Puducherry – Punjab – Rajasthan – Sikkim – Tamil Nadu – Telangana – Tripura – Uttar Pradesh – Uttarakhand – West Bengal
- Application form.
- Property TAX (As applicable).
- Voter ID
- Birth Certificate.
- Educational certificates as applicable.
- Self declaration from the applicant.
- Residential proof of land or rented house (photocopy of land deed / rent receipt copy).
- Identity Proof (PAN card, Driving license, Voter card, Ration card, Passport).
- Age proof (birth certificate / school certificate).
- Passport size photograph.
- Aadhaar card.
- Copy of Indian Passport or Certified copy of NRC 1951(National Register of Citizens).
- Copy of the PRC (Permanent Resident Certificate) of any member of the family of the applicant stating relationship, if any as applicable.
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of AR & PG,
Sardar Patel Bhawan,
Parliament Street, New Delhi - 110 001.
Phone: (011) 23360208
Link for Contacts: Link for details
- The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a local certificate from the State Government:
- Any person who is a resident of the state.
- Women not initially belonging to the state, but married to a permanent resident of the state.
- Authorities will provide fee details.
- During online payment fee details will be displayed
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO (provided the individual residence is not changed)
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people eg.links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people .
15 working days
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Domicile/Residence Certificate may be obtained from the following:
In Urban Areas
- It is obtained from the District Revenue department/municipality /District Collector after it gets inquired by the concerned Thasildhaar of the District.
In Rural Areas
- Contact the concerned Thasildhar/Additional thasildhar
- Name of the Applicant
- Father's name
- Type of Certificate required
- Purpose for which the certificate is required
- Particulars on the basis of which the certificate is required
- List of documents available
Need for the Document
- A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.
- This certificate is used for many other purpose including Passport, Visa etc.
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Domicile certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.