Chhattisgarh - Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant must visit the sub divisional magistrate office authorities to apply in person with the documents specified under required documents session.
- Link for office contacts: contact urban Adminstrationand district websites to get contact details
- Please go to the respective office. Submit the completed application obtained from office along with required documents.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This application will be verified by the respective authorities.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details provided.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the respective authority/thasildhar to decide and issue the local Certificate to the applicant.
- Applicant will get the certificate in 15 days after due verification.
- Apart from the mentioned required documents, applicant has to provide any additional information/document as asked by the respective authorities while applying.
- Fee requirement is also to be paid as authorities quote.
- Applicant may be asked to prove his stay in the state for a particular period(10 years/15 years etc).
- Use the following link to reach online portal. Link:LOGIN
- In the given page, please use citizen login and register and then use LSK login to get the login page.
- Please use the credential to login and get the list of services available.
- Here select the node for Domicile Certificate to reach the next page.
- User has to complete the online form prompt and hit the respective button to apply.
- Applicant shall go through the prompts respectively to complete submission of application and
- Applicant gets receipt/acknowledgement for submission. Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed and the certificate will be uploaded for applicant to download.
- Applicant can use the check application status from the online portal and can download if it is ready.
- Application form.
- Identity proof.
- Self declaration from the applicant.
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhar card/ Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Age proof (birth certificate / school certificate)
- Applicant passport size photograph.
- 2 different Gazette Officers certification (as per requirement)
- Education records duly signed
- Aadhaar card
- Land revenue receipt (in case of farmer if available).
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
State Urban Development Agency, chhattisgarh
Indrawati Bhawan, 4th Floor, D Block
SUDA Secretariat, Naya Raipur-492002,
e-mail: [email protected]
Contact Link: for respective municipality and contact urban Adminstrationand district websites to get contact details
- The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a local certificate from the State Government:
- Any person who is a resident of the state.
- Women not initially belonging to the state, but married to a permanent resident of the state.
- Authorities will provide fee details.
- During online payment fee details will be displayed
Note: Rs.30 will be charged.
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO (provided the individual residence is not changed)
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
15 working days
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
You may get your "Local Certificate" from the Tehsildar's Office in your area.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.
- This certificate is used for many other purpose including Passport, Visa etc.;,
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
NOTE: It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Domicile certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.