Daman and Diu - How to Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant must visit the Mamlatdar to apply in person with the documents specified under required documents session.
- Link for office contacts: Mamlatdar Office
- Please go to the respective office. Submit the completed application obtained from office along with required documents or can be downloaded here Domicile Application
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This application will be verified by the respective authorities.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details provided.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the respective mamlatdar to decide and issue the Local Certificate to the applicant.
- Applicant will get the certificate in 7 to 10 days after due verification.
Apart from the mentioned required documents, applicant has to provide any additional information/document as asked by the respective authorities while applying.
Fee requirement is also to be paid as authorities quote.
Applicant may be asked to prove his stay in the state for a particular period(10 years/15 years etc).
- Use the following link to reach online portal. Link: e-District Online Services
- In the given page, please select “Domicile Certificate” option under revenue department.
- Please complete the page prompt to apply online
- Application form. Link for form: Domicile Application
- Identity proof.
- Self declaration from the applicant.
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Age proof (birth certificate / school certificate)
- Applicant passport size photograph.
- 2 different Gazette Officers certification (as per requirement)
- Education records duly signed
- Aadhaar card
- Land revenue receipt (in case of farmer if available).
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a local certificate from the State Government:
- Any person who is a resident of the state.
- Women not initially belonging to the state, but married to a permanent resident of the state.
- Authorities will provide fee details.
- During online payment fee details will be displayed
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO (provided the individual residence is not changed)
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Revenue Department Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Office of the local village panchayat
Domicile Certificate can be made only in one State/UT. Obtaining Domicile Certificate from more than one State/UT is an offence.
Note : All tahsildars dont make a domicile certificate, although they are empowered to. There are specific areas of setu department in Daman and Diu, where you can get a form and apply. A proof of staying in Daman and Diu for 10 years continuously is required. You can show a bank account passbook, a bonafide certificate of college. Keeping track of phone and telephone bills of 10 yrs back is tedious enough.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.
- This certificate is used for many other purpose including Passport, Visa etc.;,
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Domicile certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.