Meghalaya - Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant must visit the “OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY COMMISSIONER“authorities to apply in person with the documents specified under required documents session. Please use this link for contact details: District list click on the name of the district and click the link provided for reaching respective district portal to get DC contact details.
- Please go to the respective office. Submit the completed application obtained from office or can be downloaded from the link below: Application
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This application will be verified by the respective authorities as per DC instruction.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details provided.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the respective DC to decide and issue the certificate to the applicant.
- Applicant will get the certificate in 15 days after due verification.
Apart from the mentioned required documents, applicant has to provide any additional information/document as asked by the respective authorities while applying.
Fee requirement is also to be paid as authorities quote.
Applicant may be asked to prove his stay in the state for a particular period(10 years/15 years etc).
Apply Online - Meghalaya Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate Online with Images
- Use the following link to reach online portal. Link: eDistrict Meghalaya
- In the given page, please select “signin/register/forget password” option to get the login page.
- If you are a new user, use the “Don't have an account? Register HERE” option to register and then login.
- Registered user can fill the page prompts and hit log in to login.
- Once login, user gets list of services page. Here select Apply for the residential certificate service option under apply for services option as provided on the left part of the screen to reach the next page.
- Fill out the online application form with required details.
- Upload the scanned copies of the relevant documents.
- Complete payment gateway and acknowledgement sessions to apply online.
- An acknowledgement slip will be generated on successful submission of the application form. Note the application number for future reference.
- This application will be processed by the respective department as per how it will be processed in person.
- Applicant will get notification about the status on his registered mobile number provided while applying.
- Applicant shall use the online portal to know the status by providing application number and to print the processed certificate.
- Application form. Link for form: Application
- Identity proof.
- Self declaration from the applicant.
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Age proof (birth certificate / school certificate)
- Income Proof: Salary certificate, Income proof from competent authority, income tax return acknowledgement.
- Applicant passport size photograph.
- 2 different Gazette Officers certification (as per requirement)
- Education records duly signed
- Aadhaar card
- Land revenue receipt (in case of farmer if available).
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- Deputy Commissioner.
Office of the Deputy Commissioner,
Shillong, Pincode : 793001
Phone : 0364-2224003,
Fax : 0364-2223394
E-Mail : [email protected]
Link for contact: Web Portal and District List click on the name of the district and click the link provided for reaching the respective district portal to get DC contact details.
- The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a local certificate from the State Government:
- Any person who is a resident of the state.
- Women not initially belonging to the state, but married to a permanent resident of the state.
- Authorities will provide fee details.
- During online payment fee details will be displayed
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO (provided the individual residence is not changed)
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
15 working days
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.
- This certificate is used for many other purpose including Passport, Visa etc.;,
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Domicile certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.