West Bengal - Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You can get the application which has to be duly filled with the prescribed either from online or from the following offices:
- Tehsil office
- Sub - Divisional office
- Revenue Department office
- Office of district collector
- OR any other authority which specified in the state or Union Territory.
- Submit the completed application to the Sub Divisional Officer, Barrackpur, North 24 Parganas at Room No. 46 (General Section).
- Along with two passport size photographs and required documents.
Through CSC Service Centers
You could also contact the Common Service Centers (CSC) where they should be able to help you. They will charge you for the service they provide. Following is the link with which you can locate your nearest CSC office locator : CSC Office Locator
- Aadhaar Card
- Valid identification proof
- Ration Card
- Voter Identity Card
- Current Residential Certificate from Chairman / B.D.O. / Prodhan in original
- Deed of Land (1st three pages only)/Rent Receipt for Rented house Current and Old (living over 15 years in West Bengal).
- Proof that a person is a permanent resident of the state since 5 years.
- Proof that you have your own land in that state.
- Tehsil enquiry report
Office Locations & Contacts
Following is the link with which you can locate your nearest CSC office locator : CSC Office Locator
Sub Divisional Officer,
Room No. 46 (General Section)
North 24 Parganas
Hooghly District magistrate & collector's Office,
- Any person who is a resident of India and a bonafide resident of the State, is eligible to avail the service. Persons having a permanent home in the State will be eligible for it. In this category, the residents of the state, who have been residing in the State for at least 15 years, or who are having a permanent home in the State, but are presently residing outside the State for earning a living, will also be considered. A permanent home means that the person is living ancestrally/ having an ancestral house in the State.
- Any person who fulfils the conditions amended by the Government through Government orders time to time.
- Women not originally belonging to a State/UT, but married to men who are permanent residents of the State/UT are eligible to apply for Domicile Certificate.
The validity period of this certificate is 6 months in west bengal.
Documents to Use
Certificate issued with 3(three) working days after received report from D.I.B., North 24 Parganas from Confidential Section at Room No. 27A.
West Bengal - Apply For Local Certificate ( Domicile or Resident)
- Concerned Authority
The Sub Divisional Magistrate of the concerned area
- Government Orders
Domicile Certificate can be made only in one State/UT. Obtaining Domicile Certificate from more than one State/UT is an offence.
- Name of the Applicant
- Father's Name and Occupation
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Present and Permanent Address
- Schools and College attended with years of study-
- at the primary standard
- at the Secondary standard
- at the College standard
- Reason for requirement of Domicile Certificate (copy of the letter issued by the Recruiting Officer is to be enclosed)
Need for the Document
A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed
The women applicants who are married to a person of another stated, who is domicile of that state, can also apply for obtaining the domicile certificate of that state. However any person men or women can have only one domicile certificate. To have more than one domicile certificate is a legal and punishable offense. So any person from any state are not able to apply for more than one state certificate.