Senegal - Obtain an International Driving Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all documents needed in the procedure.
- Application forms may be submitted to the Automobile Club of Senegal or to the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Dakar (CCIAD).
- Submit your application along with all other required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- For applications filed at the Automobile Club of Senegal, you may obtain your IDP on the same day you submitted your request. In case you filed your application at the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Dakar, you may have to wait three to seven days for the processing of your application to be completed.
Obtaining the permit
- A certificate of authenticity of the driving license
- A certified photocopy of the permit to drive
- Two coloured passport photos
- Tax stamps worth 10,000 FCFA
Note: Certificate of authenticity of the driving license may be obtained from regional divisions of land transport and driving schools.
Renewing your permit
- The old international driving permit
- Three coloured passport photos
- Tax stamps worth 10,000 FCFA
For lost or stolen IDP's
- A certificate of loss
- A certified copy of the international driving permit
- Four coloured passport photos
Office Locations & Contacts
Regional Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture
Chambres rgionales de commerce, d'industrie et d'agriculture
- No. 1, place de l'indpendance - BP 118
- Phone: 33 823 71 89 / 33 823 93 63
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Quartier Escale - BP 66
- Phone: 33 949 14 25
- Fax: 33 949 14 25
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quartier Lona Garage Nioro - BP 203
- Phone: 33 941 20 52
- Fax: 33 941 22 91 / 33 941 20 52
- Email: email@example.com
- BP 23
- Phone: 33 996 12 30
- Fax: 33 996 10 68
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10, rue Blanchot Nord - BP 19
- Phone: 33 961 10 88
- Fax: 33 961 29 80
- BP 7
- Phone: 33 971 12 03
- Fax: 33 971 38 49
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- BP 26
- Phone: 33 967 11 14
- Fax : 33 967 08 25
- Email: email@example.com
- BP 127
- Phone: 33 981 10 14
- Fax: 33 981 29 95
- Escale Sud 96, avenue Lamine Guye
- BP 3020
- Phone: 33 951 10 02
- Fax : 33 951 13 97
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Rue du Gnral De Gaulle BP 26
- Phone: 33 991 13 10 / 991 13 23
- Fax: 33 991 52 38
- BP 95
- Phone: 33 966 65 91
- Fax : 33 966 65 91
Automobile Club of Senegal (ACS)
Route de la petite corniche - Dakar
Phone: 33 821 99 11
Regional divisions of Land Transport (DRTT)
- Rocade Fann Bel-Air X km 2,5 boulevard du Centenaire (route de Rufisque)
- Place Bakou
- BP 2083
- Phone: 33 832 40 94 / 33 832 29 83
- Quartier Ndouck II
- Route nationale en face des HLM
- Phone: 33 949 13 36
- Lot n 333 Lona
- Route nationale aprs la brigade de gendarmerie
- Phone: 33 941 22 57
- Quartier Escale n 177 (prs du tribunal rgional)
- Phone: 33 971 13 15
- Quartier Escale n 163 (face la mairie)
- BP 54
- Phone: 33 991 15 88
- Route de Khor ( ct de la brigade de gendarmerie)
- Phone: 33 961 13 68 / 33 961 41 10
- Quartier 10
- Rue D 54 X D 63
- Phone: 33 951 10 80
- Quartier Keur Srigne Louga Est
- Rue KE 16 X KE 9
- Phone: 33 967 11 59
- Quartier Libert (prs du Conseil rgional)
- Phone: 33 981 10 06
- Quartier Bouna Kane
- (primtre du service rgional de l'Elevage, face la brigade des Douanes)
- Phone: 33 996 12 46
- Quartier Gourel Serigne (ancien, locaux de la prfecture)
- Phone: 33 637 76 89
- Senegalese citizens who holds a valid driving permit.
- Obtaining an IDP directly from the Automobile Club of Senegal: 15,000 FCFA
- Applications filed through the Chamber of Commerce of Industry and Agriculture of Dakar: 15,000 FCFA + 5,000 FCFA
- International Driving Permit renewal cost: 20,000 FCFA
The International Driving Permit is valid for a period of one year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If you submitted your application directly at the Automobile Club of Senegal, you may be able to obtain your International Driving Permit within the day.
In case you filed your application at the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Dakar, you may have to wait three to seven days for the processing of your application to be completed.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applications to obtain an International Driving Permit may be submitted to the Automobile Club of Senegal or to the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Dakar (CCIAD).
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is a document recognized in many countries which allows the holder to drive a private motor vehicle in that country. To be valid the IDP must be accompanied by a valid license from the home country. The document is slightly larger than a standard passport and is essentially a multiple language translation of the holder's normal driver's license, complete with photograph and vital statistics. In most countries however, short term visitors don't need to possess an IDP since the license of the home country is recognized and permits one to drive in the host country.
Following are procedures on how you can obtain an International Driving Permit.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Senegal Public Service Website:
More information which might help people.