Russia - Obtain an International Driving Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all necessary documents needed in the application process.
- Go on line and book an appointment with the proper authority to submit your documents.
- Wait for the system to give a you a reply regarding your application. If successful, the service system will give you a positive response, and government agencies will contact you to confirm your request. In case your application is denied, you will be informed of the reasons.
- For those who received a positive response, submit your completed application form along with all other required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Claim your International Driving Permit in person.
Apply through EITA:
(There may be an additional cost involved with this process). Agent Disclaimer
- Please use the following link to apply : Apply through EITA
- You will be presented with plans that you can choose from.
- Please select the appropriate plan that is suitable for you and click "Next" and follow the process to complete the application.
- Your driver's license
- A photo of the applicant (size 35x45 mm)
- A medical certificate (Form N 083/U-89)
- Document confirming that the applicant is a registered resident: passport with registration mark, the certificate of registration of residence or place of residence, as well as other documents (certificates) with a mark of authority on the registration of the FMS of Russia.
- Identity card - for military personnel (officers, warrant officers),
- Military ID card - for soldiers performing military service or contract;
- Passport - for permanently residing abroad citizens who are temporarily in the territory of the Russian Federation,
- Identification issued by other bodies of the Ministry of Interior
- Completed application form: Instructions on filling out the form
Office Locations & Contacts
Search for your local registration unit
Department of State Traffic Safety Inspectorate (Stavropol)
General Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs
Russia, Stavropol Krai
Head: Berezovsky Yuri
Address: 355035, Stavropol Region, Stavropol, Kolomiytseva, 38
Phone: (8652) 955283
Fax: (8652) 955283
Citizens of the Russian Federation, as well as foreign citizens and stateless persons legally residing in the Russian Federation may apply to obtain an International Driving Permit.
International Driving Permit: 1,000 rubles
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
You may only apply for the procedure and collect the International Driving Permit in person.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is a document recognized in many countries which allows the holder to drive a private motor vehicle in that country. To be valid the IDP must be accompanied by a valid license from the home country. The document is slightly larger than a standard passport and is essentially a multiple language translation of the holder's normal driver's license, complete with photograph and vital statistics. In most countries however, short term visitors don't need to possess an IDP since the license of the home country is recognized and permits one to drive in the host country.
Following are procedures on how to apply for an International Driving Permit in Russia.
Information which might help
To avoid rejection of your application, make sure:
- To submit all required documents.
- All submitted documents really belongs to you and that they are genuine.
- Avoid erasures, crossing out words or using pencil on the application form.
- To provide all needed information.
- That you are not denied of the right to drive before you submit your application.
- You don't have any criminal record.
- Medically fit.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Russian Federation Public Services Web Portal:
More information which might help people.