Bihar - Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Local certificate can be applied online and at the respective revenue department authorities.
- Applicant must visit the revenue department authorities or thasildhar to apply in person with the documents specified under required documents session.
- Link for contacts: Contact Link and Municipal office contactPlease select your ULB from the drop down menu under Online citizen service centre and submit. User will be directed to respective municipal website. Click the contact menu or other appropriate option to know the address.
- Please go to the respective office(Right to public service - RTPS counters). Submit the completed application obtained from office along with required documents.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This application will be verified by the circle officer / Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and Revenue Inspector (RI).
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details provided.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the respective authority/thasildhar to decide and issue the local Certificate to the applicant.
- Applicant will get the certificate in 7 to 10 days after due verification.
- Apart from the mentioned required documents, applicant has to provide any additional information/document as asked by the respective authorities while applying.
- Fee requirement is also to be paid as authorities quote.
- Applicant may be asked to prove his stay in the state for a particular period(10 years/15 years etc).
- Use the following link to reach online portal. Link: Online portal
- In the given page, please select “register yourself” option under citizen section.
- Please complete the page prompt and hit validate to validate the provided email and mobile number.
- After the above process user can use the login option provided on the main page.
- Complete the login requirements and reach new page.
- In this page, please select apply for services provided on the left part of the screen to select view all available services.
- A new page with list of services will be listed.
- Please select Local certificate at co level to get online form page.
- complete the online form and hit submit at the bottom of the page to complete applying.
- User has to click agree for the popup for aadhar permission.
- Another popup to click OK for the email, mobile number confirmation has to be clicked.
- Next popup prompts for OTP for aadhar connected mobile. Please enter OTP and hit validate and hit OK for the following prompt.
- User gets summary of details provided. Please check and if details are ok, then click “Submit” to submit the application online.
- Applicant gets receipt/acknowledgement for submission. Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed and the certificate will be uploaded for applicant to download.
- Applicant can use the status option in the online portal below the apply option and can download if it is ready.
Apply through Centres:
- To apply through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement.
- An inspection will be held by the authorities.
- The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any, will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS.
- If approved, the certificate will be hand delivered or sent through post to the address mentioned while applying or issued in a stipulated period of time.
- Application form.
- Identity proof.
- Self declaration from the applicant.
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhar card/ Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Age proof (birth certificate / school certificate)
- Applicant passport size photograph.
- 2 different Gazette Officers certification (as per requirement)
- Education records duly signed
- Aadhaar card
- Land revenue receipt (in case of farmer if available).
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
Office Locations & Contacts
Urban Development Department
Vikas Bhawan, Bailey Road, Patna - Bailey Rd,
Patna - 800001,
Ph : +91 85444-23769
e-mail: [email protected]
Help Line : +91 (0612)-7157896
Contact Link: Municipal Contact 1 and Contact 2.
- The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a local certificate from the State Government:
- Any person who is a resident of the state.
- Women not initially belonging to the state, but married to a permanent resident of the state.
- Authorities will provide fee details.
- During online payment fee details will be displayed
Validity of domicile certificate is only six month and need to update it.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
15 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Tehsil office, Revenue Department.
Domicile Certificate can be made only in one State/UT. Obtaining Domicile Certificate from more than one State/UT is an offence.
Application Form :
The application form can be downloaded from the following link : Form
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.
- This certificate is used for many other purpose including Passport, Visa etc.;,
Information which might help
- This certificate can be used for several years.
- Fill the application details correctly without any mistake.
NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Domicile certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.