Belarus - Apply for International Driver License (IDL)
An International Driver's License (IDL) is an internationally recognised document that allows an individual to drive overseas. Requirement for an IDL varies from country to country but it's recognised in most countries. It will be good to hold an IDL especially if you are planning to drive in a country where English is not a native language since an IDL is a translation of your local licence into many languages.
Following are procedures on how you can apply for one.
An IDL can only be issued to a full licence holder.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Complete an application form. (see 'Documents to Use' section)
- Submit the completed form along with 1 recent photo (3x4cm) and present your valid Belarusian driver's license.
- Pay the application fee.
Ads by Google
- Completed application form
- Recent photo (3x4cm)
- Valid Belarusian driver's license
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Most IDLs are valid for one year from the date of issue.
- The document is not valid for driving in the country where it was issued.
- An IDP is not a driving licence in its own right. You must be able to present both your IDP and your local driver's licence when you travel.
- The form provided above are for race car drivers who are competing outside Belarus, get in touch with BAF and see if you can also use the same form if you are travelling abroad for purposes other than competing.
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Belarusian Automobile Federation
Tel./fax: + 37517-213 29-43
Tel. + 37529 135-89-15
Monday to Friday, 9:00-18:00
Lunch break: 13:00-14:00
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Things to remember when you are abroad:
- For security reasons it will be better if you keep your IDL and your driver's licence separately when travelling.
- If you become a permanent resident in another country, you will need to apply for a local driver's license there.
You may need to present an IDP when renting a car abroad.
- Belarusian Automobile Federation:
More information which might help people.