Argentina - Obtain an International Driving License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all documents you will need to present or submit to apply for the procedure.
- Fill out an application form.
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
- Pay all necessary fees.
Note: Remember that you must bring along your Argentinian driving license during your trip abroad. The international driving license is only a translation of your Argentinian driving license, you must be able to present both at all times.
- Original and photocopy (front and back) of your valid Argentinian drivers license
- Original and photocopy of your National Identity Document (DNI)
- Original and photocopy of your registration book (LE)
- Original and photocopy of Civic Book (LC)
- Two, recent identical pictures of the applicant (4x4)
Note: Information on your driving record, like address must much the one on your DNI, LE or LC. Otherwise you must submit additional documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Automobile Club Argentino
Member's Care Centre: 0800-888-9888 / 4808-6200
- Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Saturdays: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Main Office in Buenos Aires
Business days: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Other Contact Numbers
Holders of valid Argentinian Driver's Licenses.
For Members of Automovil Club Argentino:
- Application Fee (Effective from 09/01/2013 to 09/01/2014): $ 112.50
- Application Fee (Effective from 10/01/2014): $ 141.00
- Photo Services: $ 18.00
- Application Fee (Effective from 09/01/2013 to 09/01/2014): $ 225.00
- Application Fee (Effective from 10/01/2014): $ 282.00
- Photo Services: $ 38.00
Note: Photo services are optional and only available at the headquarters.
International Driving Licenses are valid for one year or until the National Driver's License expires, whichever is lower.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
International Driving Licenses can be obtained from the Automovil Club Argentino branches/offices.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
An International Driving License (IDL) is a document recognized in many countries which allows the holder to drive a private motor vehicle in that country. To be valid the IDL must be accompanied by a valid license from the home country. The document is slightly larger than a standard passport and is essentially a multiple language translation of the holder's normal driver's license, complete with photograph and vital statistics. In most countries however, short term visitors don't need to possess an IDL since the license of the home country is recognized and permits one to drive in the host country.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Automobile Club Argentino Website:
More information which might help people.