West Bengal - Obtain Liquor Possession Permit for serving in Special occassions
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Permit granting authority for this permit is Excise DTE(DCFL). The link provided here will help applicant to reach respective authorities for their queries: Link for Contacts
- Please use the following link which would take you to the below displayed screen. Please visit the following link : Online Portal. Registered user shall select “Existing User (Sign In) option. User shall enter their “Mobile No” and hit “Request for OTP”. User shall enter the received OTP (as per the mobile number they provided) as per the prompt and hit “Log In”. New user shall use the “Register as new user (Sign Up)” option to register by following the page prompts and then login.
- Once login, a new screen will be provided. Please select “Prepare Application” option under “Transaction” menu.
- In the new screen, Please fill the details for “Applicant details” and “Application details” sessions as appropriate. Upload the required documents as prompted under “Applicant’s Document” session. Once all the details are provided, hit “Save application” tab. A pop up message shows generated” Application prepared successfully and Application Id No. xyz…”. Please note down the number safe for further processing and hit “Ok”.
- On the same main page, Select “Send application to SE” option under “Transaction” menu. A new screen with application details will be provided. Please select “Enter Payment Details” hyper link under “Click To” column at the end of the table.
- An extended screen will be provided with application ID and payment details. Please close this popup by hitting the appropriate option.
- Now user will be taken back to the application details page. User shall click on the “Send to S.E.” hyper link under the “Click To” column at the end of the table. A popup showing “Application send to SE Successfully” will be provided.
- This submitted application will be processed by the respective department. Please follow the notification from the department and complete the requirements as guided by authorities to get the permit
- Aadhaar card
- ID proof
- Residence proof
- Proof of Age (more than 21 years of age)
- Proof of the address of establishment where the permit is required
- Supporting document from statutory body
Office Locations & Contacts
- Excise Department Office (Asansol) - Govt. of West Bengal
Daily Market, S B Beside Court,
SB Gorai Rd, Asansol Court Area,
Asansol, West Bengal 713304.
Phone : 085380 17185
Link for details:contacts link
- In case of individual, any person of or above the age of twenty one years who is a citizen of India or a Person of Indian Origin (P.I.O.)
- a firm
- a company
- a society.
For fee details use the following link : Fee link
Permit is valid for six months.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time varies from 3 days to 10 days based on the requirement.
West Bengal - Obtain Liquor Possession Permit For Serving In Special Occassions
The Excise & Taxation Department is a revenue department and it is in charge of issuing Liquor Possession Permits.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- This permit is for a specific period and is considered as temporary.
- A special permit is required for serving liquor by an individual to his guests on some special occasion or function organized in a Hotel, Community Centre or any other place (booked / used for holding a function).
- As per government policy, Liquor is sold / served with provision of certificate and licensing. On demand for a temporary need one can avail liquor possession permit for the place he / she needs to serve.
Information which might help
- The permit guides the quantity of liquor to be possessed by the license holder for the period.
- Applicant have not been convicted of any offence.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.