West Bengal - Obtain Electricity Connection
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply through Local Electricity Office (customer care centre)
- Applicant should go to the Local Electricity Customer care centre office personally to apply. Link for customer care centre :Link for center
- Application Form can be collected from concerned Electricity Customer Care Center of WBSEDCL @ Rs 5 only. OR
- Application Form may be downloaded from WBSEDCL website (www.wbsedcl.in), at free of cost. Link for form : Form Link
- Submit the completed form along with documents to concerned Customer Care Center. Link for Customer care center: Link for Customer care center
- All the documents will be verified by the concerned Customer Care Center and a receipt cum Quotation for Earnest Money will be issued.
- Pay the amount at concerned customer care within 15 days of issuance of quotation
- After the payment is made, authorized representative of WBSEDCL will inspect premises to ascertain the details as per application.
- If there is any deviation found, authorities will suggest action to follow.
- If all are satisfactory, authorities will issue a Quotation for Service Connection and Security Deposit.
- Authorities will also inspect the common space for proper illumination and proper ventilation which should be free from any hindrances for installing the required meter(s).
- Applicant has to pay the advised service Connection Charge & Security Deposit shall have to be deposited at concerned Customer Care Center.
- After the payment is made, connection will be provided as per schedule
Apply through WBSEDCL : - West Bengal Obtain Electricity Connection through WBSEDCL Online With Images
- Please use the following link which would take you to the below displayed screen. Please visit the following link : Online Portal. Please select the menu “Consumer Corner > Connection Management > Online application > New Connection (LT Others)”.
- In the new screen, registered user shall enter their username, password and login by hitting “Login” tab. New user shall use the “New user” option to register and then login.
- Once login, in the New Connection application page. Consumer Need to Click on the “Connection for Individual” tab.
- In the next window, User shall complete the prompted details by selecting applicable option and filling appropriate information. Please hit “Validate” tab at the bottom.
- In continuation of the above steps, applicant need to fill up Load Information & then click on Verify Load button. Further, applicant can upload required documents along with a passport size photo as prompted. Next click Submit All Details button to submit the application details.
- New Connection Applied Successfully message will be shown along with the application no. Please save it for future reference
- Quotation can be downloaded by hitting “Generate Quotation” tab and then click “Download Quotation Letter” tab displayed once quotation is generated.
- Now pay the quotation amount by using the “New Connection E-Pay” menu option. In the given page, please complete the prompts as appropriate and hit “Pay now” tab. User shall process the given payment gateway and hit the right tab to complete the payment.
- Applicant shall use the “Payment Receipt” menu to print the receipt as per page information. This application will be processed further. Please adhere to notification and follow authorities guidelines to get the connection.
- Clearances for establishment from the Pollution Control Board concerned where applicable .( residential / residential-cum-commercial premises of more than 100 flats)
- Self- certification for electrical installation of the premises of the consumer for which new connection is being applied for or the test results duly signed by the licensed Electrical Contractor
- Requisite Earnest Money as follows: Purpose of supply
- Industrial load - Rs.2,000/-
- For commercial purpose of contract - Rs 1,000/- demand of 10 KVA and above
- Earnest money shall also be taken from a State / Central Government department /office, State / Central Government hospital, non-profit making educational and research institutions including public libraries owned and run by either State Government or Central Government.
- For purpose other than (i) &(ii) above - Rs 200/-
- Proof of occupation or ownership of a premises through any one of the documents (Passport / Voter Identity Card / Rent Bill / Telephone Bill / Municipal or any other Tax Bill / Ration Card / Certificate from Panchayat)
- The detailed list of electrical equipment’s with number and corresponding wattages
- For LV & MV consumers, a sketch of new line required for service connection showing the premises from existing LV & MV line is required to be submitted by the intending consumer.
- NOC from issuing authority
- Land Paper
- Aadhar Card
- Photograph of the applicant
Office Locations & Contacts
- Head Quarter Of WBSEDCL, Vidyut Bhavan,
DJ Block, Sector II, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata, West Bengal – 700091
Ph : (033)2262-2641/40
Link for Contacts : Link for contacts
- The owner of the proposed property for which the supply is required
- If the applicant is not the owner of the premises for which supply is required, then he or she should produce a consent letter from the owner of the premise
- If the owner is not available or not intended to give consent letter, then the applicant should provide…
- proof of his/her being in lawful occupation of the premises
- execute an indemnity bond in Form 6
- acceptance to pay security deposit twice the normal rate.
Charge differs with requirement. So, authorities estimate will give actual figure of amount
Electricity connection will exists till the premises exists.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time varies from 30 / 60/ 90 / 150 / 180 / 270 days
West Bengal - Obtain Electricity Connection
- The lawful owner / occupier of premises can apply for the new electricity connection.
- The applicant should apply in A-1 form at the section office domestic/commercial and for industrial at Sub-division/division along with no objection certificate if required.
- After load survey, he will be given quotation for payment of charges which includes Service connection charges , Service Line Charges, Security deposit etc.
- After payment of above charges the consumer will submit a Test report from the Licensed electrical contractor for the wiring.
- The service connection will be released as per the chronological order.
- Full name of the Applicant
- Date of Birth
- Father's Name or Husband Name
- Mother's Maiden Name
- Permanent Address / Temporary Address
Need for the Document
- Our every day life requires electricity more than anything else. Life without electricity is never possible.
- The need for Electricity connection starts from construction of house or factory.
- Connection may be required for a vacant land for water and to give lighting for the fence.
- Even during construction we require Electricity for many reasons including Water, operation of certain machinery and even to secure the valuables.
- Government provides electricity connection to those who apply for a new connection.
- Electricity should be consumed with responsibility. Because not only the cost counts but also this resource need proper care to make available for our future generations
Information which might help
- Always use certified products for electrical wiring
- One should not use domestic supply for commercial purpose and there will be a heavy fine and even action against consumer is inevitable.
- NOTE : This non - renewable source of energy should be used with care
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.