Uganda - Apply for Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant should obtain Passport application Form G and any other information from the nearest Immigration Office or download on the Immigration website: www.immigration.go.ug.
- Fill in the form in clear handwriting.
- The applicant should then visit any URA revenue collection bank such as Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Barclays, Orient etc and pay passport fees.
- The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 for Ordinary Passports and UGX 150,000 as Express Service fee making the total of UGX 400,000), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports.
- All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000.
- You will be issued with a bank receipt which you will attach on your application.
- File your documents in a manila file folder and present them IN PERSON to the receiving officers at the Passport Receiving Section at the Ministry of Internal Affairs or your nearest Passport Control Office or the Regional Immigration Office.
- A receiving Slip will be issued to you indicating your receiving code and file number.
Warning: Avoid Middlemen or Kayungirizi. Applications submitted by Middlemen will not be accepted/received.
- Collect your passport in Person after ten working days (normal passport applications) or two (2) working days (for Express Passport Applications) from the point where you submitted the application, unless advised otherwise by an Immigration Officer. You will be required to present your Receiving Slip and identifications at the time of collecting your passport at the Passport Delivery Office.
- Avoid Middlemen or Kayungirizi. Transactions involving middlemen are disqualified / impounded by the Passport Control Officer.
- Minors should appear with parents / guardians.
Please follow the steps below to make the on-line passport application.
- Step 1. Log into passport portal :Online portal
- Step 2. Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Step 3: Answer simple security questions
- Step 4: Complete the passport application form
- Step 5: Print Passport Application Payment Advice Form
- Step 6: Make payment for the selected type of passport using the selected payment method.
- Step 7: Schedule appointment for a date of your convenience using the schedule appointment link on the home page appointment Link
- Step 8: Print Passport Application Appointment Form
- Step 9: Report to the selected passport Centre with the passport appointment form with the following Documents/requirements:-
- E-filled Passport application
- Recommender's letter and copy of their National ID
- Original copy of National ID or National Identification Number
- Original and photocopies of academic documents for proof of profession(where applicable)
- Bank payment receipt for proof of payment of prescribed fees
- a copy of birth certificate, adoption order consent letter from parents/guardians in case of minors
- any other information that may be relevant to the application
- step 10: After lodging the application the passport will be ready for collection at the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control offices after 2 working days if express processing or 10 working days ordinary processing.
- Step 11:You are required to bring proof of identification when collecting the passport. You can also track the application progress through your online account https://www.passports.go.ug. You will be contacted through text and/or email when to collect your passport.
- Duly endorsed form G
- Covering letter from Employer / School / Parents / Guardian or person well known to applicant. The covering letter should be addressed to the Passport Control Officer; Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala
- Copy and original applicant's identification documents e.g Voters card, birth certificates, school certificate, residential ID, baptism card, employer's card.
- 4 coloured passport size photos taken against a white background.
- Recommendation from citizen of good repute
- Proof of profession
- Any other information as may from time to time be required by the Passport Control Office.
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website:Ministry of internal Affairs
- Arua Office
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua
- Gulu Office
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality
- Mbale Office
- RDC / Administration building: Masaba Road
- Masindi Passport Center
- Masindi Town
- Hoima Passport Center
- Kampaya House: Old Fort-portal Road, Hoima town
- Mbarara Regional Office
- Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road
- Masaka Regional Office
- Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality
- Jinja Regional Office
- Administration block: Busoga Square
- Mubende Regional Office
- RDC building
- Fortportal Regional Office
- Administration Block: Boma Road
- Lira Regional Office
- District Chambers Building: Dr. Obote Avenue
- Mityana Regional Office
- RDC building
- Kampala Main Passport Office
- American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobbacco plant(BAT)
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
There is a fee payable only by Uganda shillings of 82,000/= for your passport.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Collect your passport in person after you get a message from respective authorities.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This page contains information on how to apply for a passport in Uganda.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.