Uganda - Apply for International Driver Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
An International Driving Permit is a translation of your national driving license. The IDP allows motorists to drive vehicles in foreign countries. You must always have your IDP along with your national license at all times. To get an International Driving Permit in Uganda, visit AA Uganda.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit the offices of Automobile Association of Uganda and request for the application forms for an International Drivers Licence/permit (IDP)
- Read through the instruction carefully and fill the application form correctly, attach all required documents copies and the bank slip payment and submit them to the attending official
- Who will verify and process your documents if all the information’s are in order you will be issued your (IDL) within 7 to 10 working days
- Visit the Automobile Association of Uganda website portal : Website
- Read through the instruction carefully and fill all the application form correctly
- Visit the AA office with all required documents copies and bank slip
- Two passport photographs with your names written at the back
- The attending official will verify and process your documents if all the information are in order you will be issued your (IDL) within 7 to 10 working days
- A photocopy of your current valid Ugandan drivers license.
- A passport size photograph - signed by the applicant on the reverse.
- A Fully completed IDP application form.
- Proof of payment of fees for applying for the licence
Office Locations & Contacts
Automobile Association of Uganda
Plot 63 Yusuf Lule Rd. Opposite Golf Course Hotel. Next to Garden City Shopping Mall
P. O. Box 1459 Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 (0) 414 255917 / +256 (0) 414 250745
Fax: +256 (0) 414 250814
Email: [email protected]
William Street Branch
Tel: +256 (0) 414 593003 / +256 (0) 713 593003
Plot 19 Olya RD.
Tel: +256 (0) 751 366004
- All Ugandans in possession of valid Ugandan drivers permits.
- Members of the Automobile Association pay 250,000 Uganda shilling
- Non -members pay 300,000 Uganda shilling
- License is valid for one year from date of issue.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 7 to 10 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Holders of an International Driver’s license don't need to get driving permits to drive an appropriate vehicle in the foreign country that they may be travelling to.
- A Ugandan driving permit is proof of the applicants proficiency at driving and hence not requiring that you under go any further driving lessons of tests.
- All you need to do is hand in your application and you can start driving across the border without having to worry.
- International Driving Permits cannot be issued to holders of provisional licenses.
- You should ensure that the details on your Ugandan Driver’s license are accurate and if there are any errors or you have a change of name or address, you should immediately notify the authority that issued your license.
- The IDP must be applied for in the country of origin and cannot be used there in place of a regular driver's license.
- Full names of the applicant as their appear on the local driver license
- Residential Address of the applicant
- Date/country/town of birth
- Email address
- Uganda Driver’s license number
- Uganda driver’s License issuing authority
- Vehicle type
- Date of departure
- Date of issue/expiry of your local license
Need for the Document
- An International Driving Licence/ Permit (IDP)in Uganda is an identity document that allows a Ugandan to drive a private motor vehicle in any country that recognizes IDPs. It is available to Ugandan Residents with a current full Ugandan Driving License. It is issued by the Automobile Association of Uganda
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- International drivers licence can be used as proof of identity.
- The licence can be used to settle insurance compensation in case of a road accident
More information which might help people.