Uganda - Apply Student Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain application from A and B from the passport control office in you region and fill it them accordingly.
- Take from A to be recommended by the head of your institution of study, lecturer or administrator in institution of learning.
- Go to the local council of your area of residence to get endorsement for your passport application.
- Obtain a cover letter from your institution of learning addressed to the passport control office and attach it to your application.
- Visit any URA revenue collection bank such as Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc. and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 for ordinary processing plus UGX 150,000 as Express Service fee), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000. And obtain the receipt of payments
- Fill all the prepared documents including those mentioned in “required documents” below in a manila file folder and visit the ministry of internal affairs or any passport control office or regional immigration office in your location.
- At the office present you documents in the manila file to the passport control officer at the passport section.
- The officer will verify the information you have presented and present you application for processing.
- Collect your passport in Person after ten working days (normal passport applications) or two (2) working days (for Express Passport Applications) from the point where you submitted the application, unless advised otherwise by an Immigration Officer. You will be required to present your Receiving Slip and identifications at the time of collecting your passport at the Passport Delivery Office.
- Application Form A and B including LC endorsement from area of residence or locality of study.
- Attach Cover letter addressed to the Passport Control Officer from institution of learning.
- Attach copy of school Identification.
- Attach 4 colored passport size photos taken against a white background.
- Recommender on form A should be either head, or lecturer or administrator in institution of learning.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs:
Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O. Box 7191/7165, Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Website: Ministry of internal affairs
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration:
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
- All Ugandan citizens show are students can apply for student passports
- Ordinary passport cost 250,000 shs
- Express service at 150,000 shs
- Official/service passport cost 400,000 shs
- 10 years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Ten working days (normal passport applications) or two (2) working days (for Express Passport Applications)
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Passport application are made personally avoid the use of middlemen when making applications
- Applicant’s details
- Residential Address
- Details of Origin
- Citizenship details
- Spouse details
- Parent’s details
- Next of Kin Contacts
Need for the Document
- You will required a student passport when you are applying for student visa.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.