Kenya - Obtain Radiation Premises Modification Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a radiation premises modification license, the applicant has to contact the Radiation Protection Board offices.
- The applicant has to make sure he or she has all the required documents that are required for this process to be successful and they can be found under the "Required Documents" section of this page.
- Payment of appropriate fees should be made and that can be found under the "Fees" section of this page or in the Radiation Protection (Safety) Regulations.
- On completion of this process, the Board will issue the applicant a license within one month.
- Application form
- Licensed radiation facility
- Proposed modifications
Office Locations & Contacts
- Radiation Protection Board Head Office
KNH Grounds, Next to the KNH Police Post
P.O Box 19841-00202
Nairobi - Kenya
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radiation Protection Board Nairobi County Office
P.O. Box 19841
- Radiation Protection Board JKIA Office
P.O. Box 19841- 00202,
- Radiation Protection Board Western and Nyanza Region Office
P.O. Box 849-40100
Kisumu - Kenya
Tel: (+254 057) 2020079
Fax: (+254 057) 2020078
- Radiation Protection Board Eastern and North Eastern Region Office
P.O. Box 40-70100
- Radiation Protection Board Eldoret Office
- Radiation Protection Board Coast Region Office
P.O. Box 413-80302
Tel. (+254 057) 2230922
Fax: (+254 057) 2221211
Anybody who intends to modify a radiation facility
Application Fee: Kshs 100/=
License Fee: Kshs 300/=
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Contact Office: Radiation Protetion Board
- Resolution Criteria: Recommendations of an inspection report by radiation protection officers
- On receiving an application for a licence, the Board will, on payment of the prescribed fee, issue to the applicant the appropriate licence.
- A fee of Ksh. 100 is charged on this application to all institutions and persons unless the facility to be modified or is covered by an exemption order.
- An applicant may appeal against refusal to grant a licence within one month of a notice given to him to that effect.
- Name and address of owner
- Licence or registration certificate No
- Described nature and extent of modification (provide drawings of the modification, if it is for a facility and technical drawings, if for a device)
- Who will carry out the modifications (give licence number or authority reference)
- Radiation protection measures you have taken to ensure that modifications do not alter existing safety procedures and regulations
- Extent the modification will affect the workload of the equipment or operation within the facility
- Identify the device to be modified
Need for the Document
In order to ensure the modification does not compromise the radiation safety standards upon which the radiation facility was licensed, the Radiation Protection Board requires that anybody who intends to modify a radiation facility apply for a premises modification licence.
Information which might help
The licence issued may:
(a) be amended at any time on written notice to the holder by the Board, if in its opinion, the amendment is necessary for the purposes of public safety;
(b) be suspended or revoked by the Board if the holder fails to comply with the conditions contained in the licence or laid down in the Radiation Protection Act or in any regulations made thereunder; and where a licence is suspended or revoked the holder shall take such steps as may be recommended by the Board to ensure that no radiation hazards occur.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
The Radiation Protection Board is a statutory body established under the Act of parliament, the Radiation Protection Act, Cap 243, Laws of Kenya as the national competent authority with the responsibility for protecting the health and safety of people and the environment from the harmful effects of ionizing radiation. It regulates the use of ionizing radiation, exportation, importation, distribution and possession of radiation sources.