Haryana - Obtain Pollution Under Control Certificate (Emission Certificate, PUC)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- For a new vehicle, Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate will be provided by the dealer and it is valid for one year.
- After a year, one has to take their vehicle to the nearest emission test center to obtain the renewed PUC certificate.
- Now the operator will check the emission levels of your vehicle. Also operator will scan the exhaust pipe through a scanning device.
- For petrol vehicles, the vehicle is kept idle without accelerating it. Only one reading will be taken and it will be the final reading.
- For diesel vehicles, the vehicle is fully accelerated and 5 readings will be taken. The average of 5 readings will be the final reading.
- After calculating the reading of emission levels, operator will disclose a fee amount to be paid.
- After payment process, operator will issue the PUC certificate along with the reading.
To obtain PUC certificate online:
- Visit the parivahan website by clicking the following link: Parivahan website
- Enter your vehicle registration number and last 5 digits of your vehicle chassis number in the appropriate textbox. Then click “PUC Details” tab.
- If your vehicle’s PUCC is active, you will be directed to a new page.
- In this page vehicle emission test reading and vehicle details will be available. Click on “Print” to download the emission certificate online.
- Note: Only authorized emission testing center and RTOs can get the certificate online. For now, government has given approval to these operators.
- Driving license
- RC book
- Old PUC certificate in case of renewal
- Vehicle insurance copy
Office Locations & Contacts
Click the following link to know the authorized emission testing centers: To know PUC center. Then select your state and office from the dropdown menu. Now you will be able to find the active PUC center list.
Applicant who owns a vehicle can obtain this certificate.
- Fee varies from Rs. 60 to Rs. 100.
- It depends upon the vehicle type and fuel used.
- For new vehicles PUC is valid for 1 year.
- For old vehicles PUC is valid for 6 months. PUC certificate should be renewed for every 6 months.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
PUC certificate will be issued by the operator on the same day.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Vehicles powered by internal combustion engines such as petrol / diesel / CNG / LPG require PUC certification.
- Penalty of Rs. 1000 is charged for first time offence. Likewise for second time Rs. 2000 will be charged and so on.
- Vehicle registration number
- Chassis number
Need for the Document
- PUC certificate is a mandatory document and it should be carried along with your driving license, insurance and RC while driving.
- IRDAI made PUCC as a compulsory document for insurance companies during renewal of insurance.
- According to Central Motor Vehicles Act 1989, PUC certificate is mandatory for every vehicle.
- A PUC Certificate ensures that vehicles do not cross permissible pollution norms.
Information which might help
- Authorized emission testing centers are usually located in petrol pumps.
- Emission test helps us to maintain the condition of the vehicle by servicing them at periodic intervals.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More details about your vehicle can be obtained using the following link: To know your vehicle details
More information which might help people.