Haryana - How to Obtain an International Driving Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The RTA or Regional Transport Authority is the government authority that deals with providing International Driving Permit. One can apply their International driving license in their Regional Transport Authority Office.
- Please visit the RTA between 10 am and 12.30 pm because, if you visit before or after this time the counter that issues coupons will be closed and you will have to return the next day.
- One can apply their International driving license in their Regional Transport Authority Office. Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices.
- You can get following forms directly from RTO office
- IDP application Form.
- Link for Forms : Form 4A
- Fitness Declaration Form.
- IDP application Form.
- Template for Health Certificate by medical practitioner.
- Take the forms and fill the details. While entering your details please enter them as exactly mentioned in your license and passport.
- Now, attach a photo on the health certificate and take it to a doctor then the doctor will sign across your photo and also make a stamp impression.
- Now, come back to the RTO office and put these papers together and take it to the officer. Here the officer will also ask for the originals, he will cross check your passport and license and when satisfied, will stamp Verified : Original. He will issue a token number too.
- With that number you need to observe an electronic board that reads which token number is being called and which counter that applicant needs to go to. So, wait for your turn to collect it
- First one has to make sure that all the required documents are in hand to apply online.
- In order to apply for online, please follow the link : online portal
- Please select "Online Services" from the menu and click on "Driver License Related Services".
- You will be taken to a new screen where you have to select “Haryana” in the drop down menu against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”.
- In the next window, please click “Apply online” to select “New Learners License” option
- The following screen gives you the general information to apply. Here please hit “Continue” to get the next screen. Here, Please enter / select appropriate option and click “Submit” to get the new page to apply online by filling the prompted details and click “submit” at the bottom of the form to process the application.
- Please take printout of Acknowledgement
- You can take printout of online application form with the help of the link: please follow the link online portal link
- Select “Haryana” in the drop down menu against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”
- In the next window, please click “Download Forms” to select “Print application form” option
- Please enter your application number in the next window and hit ”Submit” follow the next window to get the printout.
- You can book appointment with RTO using the following link online appointment link
- Please click “Appointment (Slot Booking)” to select “Learners License Test” option
- In the new window select appropriate option to process your request to book appointment.
- 3 to 4 of Passport size photographs (carry more just in case)
- A valid permanent driver’s license with validity beyond 1 year. If your license is going to expire in less than a year, you will have to get it renewed and then apply for the IDP.
- A valid passport which expires only a year later.
- A valid visa to the country you are going to visit.
- Air Tickets (Optional).
- Aadhaar Card
- Health certificate by a medical practitioner.
- Fitness certificate
- Attested copy of the permanent address proof
- A self - attested letter to the Zonal RTO requesting to authenticate International Driving Permit
- Form: Form – 4A , Form-1 and Form-1A . Link for Forms Form 4A Form 1A Form 1 Should be duly filled and submitted at the Zonal RTO, failure to do so will lead to rejection of your International Driver’s License application.
Office Locations & Contacts
- You should have a valid driving license to apply.
- The validity (expiry) of such DL should have more than one year
- Valid visa to the country you are going to visit.
- International Driver License Fee - 1000 INR
- Fee related details are provided under the following link: Related fees
- Valid for tenure of 1 year from the date of issuance. After which your DL has to be renewed again, which can be done from nearest RTO if within the country or at the Indian Embassy, if residing in foreign.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- You will get the License same evening or maximum next day morning.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Concerned Authority
To the licensing authority having jurisdiction in the area in which the applicant ordinarily resides or carries on business.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- One has to get the International Driving License to drive in overseas country.
- An International Driving Permit is a permit given to existing license holders if he/she wishes to travel abroad and drive there. It is only issued by Government of that country of which the applicant is a citizen.
Information which might help
- If you’re travelling in the following countries, you do not require IDP or International Driver’s License for a period of six months.
- United States of America,
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United States of America,
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Citizens of India can drive in foreign countries with an International Driving Licence.
More information which might help people.