Guadeloupe - Apply for International Driving Permit (IDP)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application to obtain an IDP must be submitted in the prefecture where you are currently residing.
- Submit a completed form along with all other required documents.
- Completed application form
- Photocopy of the driver's license, both sides
- Photocopy of ID, both sides
- Photocopy of proof of address, not older than 3 months;
- 2 recent passport photographs, identical regulatory standards (Note 1);
- For applications by mail: An envelope with "prt recommander" written on it
- Photograph, ICAO Type / passport / ISO-IEC 19794-5 (size 35mm X 45mm, head into the center of the photo, ears must be visible, not photocopied nor scanned.
Office Locations & Contacts
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
Monday from 8:00 to 15:00
Tuesday from 8:00 to 15:00
Wednesday from 8:00 to 12:00
Thursday from 8:00 to 15:00
Friday from 8:00 to 12:00
Place de la Victoire
Phone: +33 5 90 82 68 68
Fax: +33 5 90 82 52 16
Monday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday from 8:00 to 11:30 am
Thursday from 8:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Friday from 8:00 to 11:30 am
Holders of a national driving license and normally resident in France may apply for the issuance of an international driving permit.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
The international driving permit allows the holder to drive the same type of vehicles he/she is permitted to drive under the national license.
The IDP is valid for 3 years and may only be used outside Guadeloupe, provided it is accompanied by the national license.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following is a procedure on how you can apply for an International Driving Permit (IDP) in Guadeloupe.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.