Egypt - Apply for a Temporary Aircraft registration mark
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
A person who wish to register for a temporary Aircraft registration mark should do so in writing and include:
- (1)Sufficient information to justify the need for the temporary registration mark requested; and
- (2)The number of each dealer's temporary aircraft registration certificate held by the applicant.
- The use of temporary registration mark is subject to the following conditions
- (i)The temporary mark may be used and reused:
- (ii)Only in connection with the holder's of dealer's temporary aircraft registration certificate;
- (iii)Within the limitations of 47.69 where applicable, including the requirements of 47.67; and
- (iv)On aircraft not registered under sub part B of this Part or in a foreign country, and not displaying any other identification mark.
(1) A temporary registration number may not be used on more than one aircraft in flight at the same time;
(2) Temporary registration mark may not be used to fly aircraft into Egypt for the purpose of importation.
(3) The assignment of any temporary registration number to any person lapses upon the expiration of all of his dealer's temporary aircraft registration certificates.
When a temporary registration number is used on a flight outside Egypt for delivery purposes, the holder shall record the assignment of that number to the aircraft and shall keep that record for at least 1 year after the removal of the number from that aircraft. Whenever the owner of an aircraft bearing a temporary registration number applies for an airworthiness certificate under Part 21 of this chapter he shall furnish that number in the application. The temporary registration number must be removed from the aircraft not later than the date on which either title or possession passes to another person.
- Aircraft Registration Application
- A Certificate or notice of Temporary registration from the previous state of registry or a letter from the state of manufacture , if the aircraft is new and has never been registered in any other state, confirming non- registration.
- The registration certificate must be received by the| Authority directly from the state of registry and should never be presented by the applicant - should be State to State. Document(s) to prove the aircraft ownership, (e.g. Bill of Sale, e.t.c.);
- A copy of a government issued Identity Card (ID) or Passport if owned by an individual, or any other identification card approved by the Authority
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of Transportation
Mr. Hany Sayed Mohamed Dahy img
Address : Nasr Road, Nasr City, Cairo
Phone no: 2400814 - 22604884
- Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority??)
TEL: 002 22677617
AX: 002 22688232
An aircraft is eligible for Temporary Aircraft registration mark if it is
- Owned by
- A citizen of Egypt,
- An individual citizen of another State who is lawfully admitted for permanent residence in Egypt,
- A corporation lawfully organized and doing business under the laws of Egypt and the aircraft is based and primarily used in Egypt,
- A government entity of Egypt or political subdivision thereof; or
- A foreign person who has leased the aircraft to one of the persons described in paragraphs (i) (iv) above, provided that:
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
A dealer's temporary aircraft registration certificate expires at the end of the period allowed on it
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
processing will take 30 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Aircraft Owners are required to complete an Application for Temporary Aircraft Registration mark and to register their aircraft with the Egyptian Civial Aviation Authority,Division Aircraft Registration Unit if the aircraft is based in Egypt.
- This must be completed within 60 days after an aircraft is brought into Egypt and must be renewed annually by the last day of February.
- If the aircraft is purchased from a dealer in foreign country, the dealer is to require the buyer to fill out an Application for Aircraft Registration.
- If the aircraft was brought into Egypt from a foreign country, the applicant must submit evidence that the aircraft has never been registered in a foreign country.
(a)The aircraft registration application
(b)Certificate of deregistration or Non-regesteration.
(c)The original aircraft bill of sale, or other evidence of ownership authorized by 47.33, 47.35, or 47.37 (unless already recorded at the ECAA aircraft registry);
(d)A valid satisfactory airworthiness report;
(e)A valid insurance certificate; and
(f)The fee required by 47.17.
Note: The ECAA rejects an application when any form is not completed, or when the name and signature of the applicant are not the same throughout.
Need for the Document
Temporary registration mark are issued by the ECAA to manufacturers, distributors,and dealers who are holders of dealer's temporary aircraft registration certificates for temporary display on aircraft during flight allowed under subpart C of this Part.
The holder of a dealer's temporary aircraft registration certificate may apply to the ECAA aircraft registry for as many temporary registration mark as are necessary for his business.
An applicant for aircraft registration must place an Egyptian identification (registration) mark on his aircraft registration application, and on any evidence submitted with the application. This paragraph does not apply to an aircraft manufacturer who applies for a group of Egyptian registration mark under paragraph (c) of this section; a person who applies for a special registration mark under paragraphs (d) through (f) of this section; or a holder of a dealer's temporary aircraft registration certificate who applies for a temporary registration number According to Act 47.15:
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.