West Bengal - Verify Marks of Secondary and Higher Secondary School Exam
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Individuals cannot apply for marksheet verification. Request of organization / Institution is only accepted.
- Applicant needs to go the respective institution and follow the guidelines of the institution to verify the marksheet.
- Applicant shall write an application for verification of marksheet on A4 paper including the following details (Student roll number, name, father name, mother name, address, academic year etc.) which are mandatory
- Application should be in the prescribed format.
- An Institution in need of verification of Educational Documents of Higher Secondary Examination shall have to observe the following procedure:-
- To send a letter addressed to the Deputy Secretary (Exam.) requesting to verify the Educational Qualification of a student. A list showing the name of student, Roll No. Year of Passing and his / her Result is to be enclosed.
- The letter should accompany the following:
- Photocopy of the document to be verified. If the Pass Certificate is to be verified then Photo Copy of the Mark Sheet must be sent along with the forwarding letter otherwise, Pass Certificate cannot be verified.
- A verification Fee of Rs. 200/- (two hundred) only per document to be sent in Bank Draft drawn in favour of "WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION" preferably on S.B.I. payable at KOLKATA. This fee is chargeable with effect from 13.09.2019.
- Postal Address of the Institution where the verification report is to be sent should be clearly mentioned in the said letter along with PIN CODE. Phone No. Fax No. if any, should also be mentioned properly. Otherwise Council will not be responsible for non receipt of Verification Report.
- Now the submitted application will be processed by the respective department. The submitted application will be verified along with the records.
- Clearly it takes 15 days time will be normally required to send the verification report from the Council end.
- In case of urgency Deputy Secretary (Exam.) may be contacted Tele Fax (033) 2337-9661.
- Once the verification process gets completed, applicant will be notified about further processing.
- Application form
- Photocopy of the document to be verified.
- Identity Proof
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Deputy Secretary (Examination),
West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education,
9/2, Block-DJ, Sector-II, Kolkata – 91.
In case of urgency contact Deputy Secretary (Examination) through Tele Fax (033) 2337-9661.
Link for more details: Contact details
Organization / Institution in which the student studied are eligible to apply for verification on behalf of the students.
Verification fee of Rs. 200 is charged.
Verification results are valid forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Normal period required for verification is 15 days.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applicant should attach fees paid challan along with application.
- Applicant should mention their complete postal address and phone number on the application.
- The application should invariably mention the Roll Number, year of appearance and centers at which student appeared for the Examinations.
- Instructions : Link
- Name of the student
- Student’s Father's Name
- Student’s Mother Name
- Student Date of Birth
- School where the applicant last studied
- Serial number of the original plus two mark list
- Complete address of the applicant and E-mail id
Need for the Document
- The mark certificates issued by the respective state board have to be verified for genuineness to prevent duplication or bogus certificates.
- Verification of mark sheet are done for pursuing higher studies, Getting employment in government / Quasi government / local bodies and Going abroad for higher studies / employment purpose.
- The Higher secondary (Plus Two) mark sheet is obtained by a student on successful completion of an examination at the end of study at the higher secondary schooling level.
- Individual / companies / organisations / agencies/ Govt. Departments / Embassies who would like to verify the authenticity of the academic documents may have to following this procedure:
Information which might help
- Don’t handover cash to any individual
- In general verification charges for Central/State Government. Departments and Embassies are same.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.