Slovakia - Apply for an Identity Card
All resident citizens of Slovakia aged 15 and above are required by the government to obtain an identity card. The ID card may be used by its holder for procedures where they are required to present proof of identity. Beginning December 2013 the police department will start issuing electronic identity cards. The card will enable its holder to access various government services electronically.
Following are procedures on how to apply for an identity card.
- Citizen of Slovakia
- Residing permanently in Slovakia
- Has reached the age of 15
Ads by Google
Applications to obtain an identity card are submitted to any Distric Police Directorate. Applications are normally submitted in person, but in case the applicant is bedridden he/she may submit an application through a representative.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to any Distric Police Directorate to apply for an identity card.
- Fill up the application form.
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
- Have your photo and a sample of your signature by the officer.
- Once the ID card is issued to the applicant, he/she must confirm receipt of the said document by affixing his/her signature on the receiving report upon collecting the card. ID cards may be picked up by another as long as he/she can present an ID card and a power of attorney to represent the verified signature.
Ads by Google
- Birth certificate, if it is not listed on the birth certificate identification number, proof of birth ID number (eg passport)
- Confirmation of the reports of permanent residence issued by the competent authority (PA announcements general or municipal office), a certificate is not required if the competent authority has seen a direct entry into the Register of the Slovak population data on actual citizen's permanent residence,
- Other documents that will support information collected when applying for an identity card (eg doctor's certificate when registering blood group).
Note: Documents must be submitted in original or certified copy. In case the document is in another language other than Slovak it must be translated unless there is an existing international treaty where the government is bound to accept the document as it is. For more details regarding documents that must be submitted. Link
Administrative fees for:
- Submission of a national identity card (due to changes or new registration statement) : €4.50
- For destroyed, lost, stolen or damaged ID card: €16.50
- For destroyed, lost, stolen or damaged ID card repeatedly during two consecutive years: €33.00
- Application for the issue of ID card within two working days: €20 + basic fee
- Service identity card to the address on the territory of the Slovak Republic service created for this purpose : € 3 + basic fee
Please explain the processing your application.
Ministry of Interior
Pribinova 2, 812 72 Bratislava
Phone : 09610 11111
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Ministry of Interior:
More information which might help people.