Singapore - Apply for Permanent Residence
Following are the procedures on how to apply for permanent residence status.
The following categories of foreigners are eligible to apply for permanent residence:
- Spouse and unmarried children (below 21 years old) of a Singapore Citizen
(SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
- Aged Parents of a Singapore Citizen
- P, Q or S work pass holders
- Investors or Entrepreneurs
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Complete the form.
- Make an appointment through the following e-Service: Electronic Appointment Booking System (e-Appointment)
- Submit the completed application form together with the required documents over the counter at Permanent Resident Services Centre.
- Investors/Entrepreneurs may apply for permanent residence at Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) under the Global Investor Programme. Please visit www.contactsingapore.sg/GIP for more information on the Global Investor Programme, the assessment criteria and application process.
Ads by Google
- Completed Form 4 (for Spouse/Child of a SC/SPR, Aged Parents of a SC)
- 2 sets of completed Form 4A (For P, Q or S Work Pass Holder)
- colored passport-sized photograph
- original and photocopy of valid travel document
- work pass of applicant, if any
- identity cards of both applicant and sponsor
- applicant's birth certificate and household Census list
- official Marriage Certificate of sponsor
- educational certificates of both the applicant and sponsor
- official birth certificates of children showing both parents' name and child's name, if applicable
- death certificate or divorce certificate and custody papers of children, if any
- employer's letter from sponsor and applicant stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the last 6 months with breakdown of overtime and allowances
- Income Tax Notices of Assessment of sponsor and applicant
- Statement from the CPF Board showing the sponsor's monthly CPF contribution history for the last 12 months
- sponsor's valid Business Registration Certificate (for self employment)
- Deed Poll or Change of Name Certificate of applicant and sponsor
- Entry permit : S$100
- Re-Entry Permit : S$10 per year
- Visa Fee : $30 per issue (for foreigners requiring a visa)
Note: Payment should be made via NETS or Cashcard.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Permanent Resident Services Centre
5th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
ICA 24-hour Call Centre: 6391 6100
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
ICA (Apply for Permanent Residence): http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=151&secid=150
More information which might help people.