Sierra Leone - Obtain National Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Office of Registrar in Sierra Leone.
- Fill out application form for application of national identity card.
- Submit the required documents with the application form.
- Pay the corresponding fees.
- After 3 working days, the national identity card will be issued.
- birth certificate
- Sierra Leonean passport
- voter identification card or naturalization certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
Administrator and Registrar-General's Department
- (232 22) 22 22 94 (Registrar General)
- (232 76) 221 426 (Mobile)
- (232 22) 22 18 75
- The applicant must be born or a citizen in Sierra Leone.
- The applicant must be at least six years old or older.
Registration form - 2,500 SLL [C$0.74]
Every 5 years - 10,000 SLL [C$2.97]
- Fees are subject to periodic review.
- For Sierra Leone citizens, the National Identity Card is valid for 5 years.
- For non Sierra Leone citizens, the national identity card is valid for one year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
3 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- date of birth of the card holder
- place of birth of the card holder
- date of issue
- expiry date
- unique identification number
- signature of the cardholder
- signature of the chief registrar
- civil status
- district of residence
- social security number of the card holder
Need for the Document
A national identity card is an identity card that each citizen or resident in a country is issued and required to carry and display under certain circumstances. Following are the procedures on how to register a national identity card in Sierra Leone.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.