Pakistan - Register a Foreign Marriage
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit the secretary union council or the municipal committee officer near you with all the required documents and the recommended fees
- Couple will also have to bring along with two male witnesses with them at the time of registration.
- Request for an application form for your petition, read through the instruction carefully and fill it correctly
- The couple together with the witness will have to sign the application form,
- Pay the application fees and Submit the filled form with the required documents to the register who will verify and process your documents
- The registry your marriage and sign and wet seal the certificate.
Conduct the Pakistan embassy/consulate in your country List of Diplomatic Missions for more information
You can conduct a legal law firm in Pakistan, who will advocate the process of registering your marriage through online process
- A foreigner must have to have a valid Pakistan visa at the time of marriage registration. This visa can even a tourist visa.
- If a foreigner is getting married in Islamabad or Karachi with a Pakistani national then he/she will have to submit 6x passport size photographs, in Lahore 4x photographs are required.
- Pakistani partner will have to present his National Identity Card for the registration of their marriage.
- If any party was previously married but now living as divorced or widowed then presentation of relevant document is compulsory.
- Documentary evidence of date of birth of parties.
- Residential Proof of both the parties.
Office Locations & Contacts
Headquarters in Islamabad
Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Constitution Avenue, Islamabad
Tel. No. 051-9207895, 051-9056524
AMP OFFICE QUETTA
Room 28, 2nd Floor, Block 07,
Civil Secretariat Balochistan,
QUETTA PH / FAX NO.(081)-9203155
Camp Office Peshawar No. 18-C/2, Gul Mohar Lane,
University Town Peshawar.
Telephone/Fax No: (091)-9218126
Camp Office Karachi Main Shahrah-E-Faisal,
Adjacent To Ftc Building Karachi
Fax No: 021-9204991
- At least one of the parties should be Pakistani citizen.
- The bride must be 18 years of age; the bride groom must be 18 years of age,
- The parties should not within the degrees of prohibited relationship
- Each party involved should not have any other subsisting valid marriage.
Rs. 100/- In City (Rawalpindi-Islamabad, Karachi, Quetta, Peshawar, Lahore)
Rs. 200/- Out-City (Any city other than mentioned above)
Valid forever and hence will not be re-attested.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Address where the marriage took place,
- Names of bride and groom and their addresses,
- Names of their parents and their addresses,
- Age of the bride and her National Identification Card number,
- Information on whether the bride and the groom have been married before and whether they have any children,
- Names of the representatives of the bride and the groom, if any, and of the witnesses of the appointment of the representatives,
- Date of the marriage registration,
- Name of the person who solemnized the marriage and his or her signature,
- Registration fee paid,
- Signatures of the bride, the groom
- Signatures of the representatives and their witnesses,
- Seal and signature of the Nikah Registrar
Need for the Document
- It is a legal requirement to registry all marriages that have occur in Pakistan or with a Pakistan nationalist for the wedding to be recognized as legal.
Information which might help
The Ministry only attests documents in Urdu and English versions. Document or its translation in any other language other than English is not attested.
Applicants may get their attested documents translated from the Translation Centres, approved by the concerned diplomatic Mission, in Islamabad and submit directly to the Embassies.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Attestation made by the Camp Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar, and Karachi has the same weight and authenticity as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and hence, will not be re-attested.