Norway - Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate
A police certificate is an official document issued by police or government agency of a country to enumerate any criminal records that the applicant may or may not have. Criminal records may include arrest, conviction, and possibly criminal proceedings.
Police Certificates are printed for purposes mentioned under Norwegian Law, and can only be issued for a specific purpose, not in general terms.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
- You need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence.
- You should apply for a Criminal Records Certificate (Politiattest) at your local police station.
- If you currently live outside Norway, you should write to the police station of the district where you last lived in Norway
- Your full name, address and social security number.
- Your date and place of birth
- Your current residential addresses
- Date and year of immigration to Norway if applicable.
- The purpose of the request:
- Requirement in securing a permit.
- Apply for a Criminal Records Certificate (Politiattest) at your local police station if you live in Norway.
- Write to the police station of the district where you last lived in Norway if you live in outside Norway.
- Fill up the appropriate application form, it will depend on your purpose of obtaining the certificate. Do not forget to affix your signature after completing the form. If you are under 18 years old, your parents must also sign your application.
How to submit your application
- For those living in northern Norway, Svalbard, in Norway, Møre og Romsdal, Sogn og Fjordane or abroad, submit your application to:
- PO Box 113
- 9951 Vardo
- Phone: 78 98 93 60 (between 10:00am and 02:00pm)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- At the top of the application form set "Chief of Police in Østfinnmark police" as the beneficiary of the application.
- If you live in Hordaland, Rogaland, Southern Norway or Eastern Norway, mail or submit your application to the police district where you are registered. Local police districts
- If you live in Vestfold , submit your application at the police center in Stokke. You can also send it electronically through email address ffe.vestfold @ politiet.no.
Ads by Google
- A completed application form (GP5168B)
- Your personal identification card number (personnummer)
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your driver’s licence
- A copy of your passport and other identification papers
- Work: Signed confirmation from the employer.
- Study: Signed confirmation from the school, printed NUCAS or copy of student ID.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Politihuset Gronnlandsleiret 44 Oslo 1 Norway
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Norwegian Police:
More information which might help people.