Nigeria - Obtain a Private Pilot Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for getting a Private Pilot Certificate in person, the applicant has to visit the office of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
- The address and contact details of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) can be found in the following link:contact link
- Visit the NCAA office and obtain an application form for a Private Pilot Certificate from the relevant department.
- Make sure that you have all the documents listed in the “Required documents” section of this page.
- Complete the form as required with relevant details under respective sections. After completing the application form, attach the required documents with the completed form.
- Then, proceed to submit the form and required documents to the Director General at the office in person for further processes. Pay the necessary fees as directed.
- After submission, the completed form and corresponding documents will be put into further verification and validation processes.
- Once all the processes got completed, the authorities will make necessary steps for the certificate issuance process.
- When the document is ready, the office will send a formal notification to the applicant for collecting it by any applicable means.
- Completed application form
- Relevant training course completion proof/certificate
- Flight instructor Certificate
- Relevant type/class rating
- Valid class II Medical certificate
- Relevant skills test/knowledge test report
- Payment receipt
Office Locations & Contacts
Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority - Head Quaters
Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport,
Federal Capital Territory,
Tel: 07036029400, 08186201926, 08033499145
Phone Number: 01-2790439
Email: [email protected]
- Any Nigerian citizen or a permanent resident, who wishes to obtain a Private Pilot License, can apply.
- Any organisation that involves in business with Nigerian-based aircrafts, can apply.
- The minimum age of an applicant is 16 years and he/she must possess a valid class II medical certificate.
- Please approach the authorities for fees details.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Almost, all pilot certificates and ratings require the applicant to pass a knowledge test, also called the written test and a practical test.
- The applicant should be financially sufficient to get enrolled in a pilot training school and obtain the required flight training which is usually expensive.
- It is important that the completed form must contain all the information required properly and the form must be filled legibly, in order to get accepted by the Authority.
- Make sure that you attach all the required documents as specified by the authority to avoid rejections.
- Applicant’s name
- Age and Date of birth
- Physical details
- Identification card number
- Particulars of the aircraft
- Registration number
- Physical and Email address
- Contact details
- Payment receipt number/Transaction ID
- Banking particulars
Need for the Document
- A Private Pilot License is required whenever a person in Nigeria wants to act as a pilot-in-command in a private aircraft registered in Nigeria.
Information which might help
- Any person in Nigeria, who wishes to obtain a Private Pilot License must undergo proper flight training in a training school and obtain a Private Pilot Certificate from the Nigerian Civil Aviations Authority.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.