Nigeria - Obtain License or Permit for Food Processing Industry
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain License or Permit for Food Processing Industry in person, the applicant has to visit the Agribusiness Department of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD).
- Address and contact details of the FMARD can be found in the following page contact link
- Visit the office and get an application form for License or Permit for Food Processing Industry as applicable to your requirement, from the respective department.
- Make sure that you have all the documents listed in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Now, complete the application form with appropriate information under relevant sections. Attest it with your signature once completed.
- Once completed filling the application form, submit it in person to the relevant authority at the office.
- After submission, the application and other documents will be forwarded for examination and verification processes.
- Once the verification and validation processes are over, the application will be approved and the officials will proceed to take required steps to issue the permit.
- When the document is ready to be collected, the applicant will receive a formal notification from the office through phone or email and the applicant can collect it by any applicable means.
- Completed application form
- Proof of Registration/Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Relevant permit from the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
- Products’ Registration Certificate
- Particulars of Directors in CAC form
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Preliminary organization plan
- Financial plan
- Preliminary Marketing plan
- Payment proof of statutory application fees
- Equipment reports
- Availability reports of sufficient resources
- Proof of availability of trained manpower
- Required license fees
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Agribusiness and Marketing (FMARD) - Head Office
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
Kapital Road, Area 11,
Email: [email protected]
Website : Link
Any organization in Nigeria, that intends to perform Food Processing inside Nigeria, can apply.
Please approach the authorities for fees details.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applicants can enquire the Department about the required documents to be attached with this application form.
- Applicants are advised to complete the application form neatly and completely with absolute legibility and appropriateness to avoid rejections. Also, all the required documents must be furnished completely.
- Applicants can enquire the office about the fees details and payment procedure if they had any doubts.
- Name and Nationalityof Company
- Registered Address in Nigeria
- Available capital
- Proposed location and type of Industry
- Plant capacity range
- Proposed source(s)
- Items to be processed
- Detailed specifications of the food items
- Proposed market
- Gross estimation
- Any relevant details
Need for the Document
Any organisation in Nigeria, that intends toestablish a Food Processing Industry and perform Food Processing inside Nigeria, must obtain a relevant license from the Agricultural Department.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.