Malawi - Register Business Name
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Reservation of Business Name:
- Complete and submit an Application for Reservation of a Name (Form 8). A link is provided under 'Documents to Use' section which you can use to download the form.
- Wait for the Confirmation Notice, this will tell you whether your business name is approved or rejected.
- If approved, you have ninety (90) days to register the name.
- To register a business name you must complete an application. A link is provided under 'Documents to Use' section which you can use to download the form.
- Submit the completed form to the Office of Registrar General. Note: You may also register your business online by visiting Department of Registrar General's Website - Link.
- Pay the registration fee.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Industry & Trade
P.O. Box 30366
City Centre Lilongwe Malawi
Phone: +265 (0) 1 770 244/790
Fax: +265 (0) 1 770 680
Department of Registrar General
Fatima Arcade, Haile Selassie Road, P.O. Box 100,
Pagat House Paul Kagame Road, P.O Box 1780,
+265 1 824 355
+265 1 824 668
+265 1 824 785
+265 1 824 394
Email: [email protected]
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Business Name - related fees:
- Sole Proprietorship: MK2,000
- Partnership: MK2,000
- Business Registration Renewal: MK2,000
- Amendments: MK2,000
- Certified Copy: MK1,000
- Cessation of Business: MK2,000
- Search: MK1,000
Companies - related fees:
- Company Limited by shares: Capital*20/2000+25500
- Company Limited by Guarantee: MK 20,000
- External Company: MK 20,000
- Amendment: MK 5,000
- Annual return: MK 2,000
- All other filing: MK 1,000
- Search: MK 1,000
- Name Reservation: MK 5,000
- All Conversations: MK 20,000
Registered business names must be renewed every three years.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It will take about 5 days for the processing of your application to be completed.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The Ministry of Industry and Trade is responsible for providing application forms for Registration of Business Name.
Applications may be submitted to the Department of Registrar Generals Head Office in Blantyre and its Regional Office in Lilongwe.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following is a procedure on how you can register a business name in Malawi.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.