Malawi - Apply for Service Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain the passport application form from any Immigration office which is free of charge. It can also be downloaded at the Department of Immigration Republic of Malawi website. You can download the form here: http://www.immigration.gov.mw/DownloadForm.aspx. For those residing outside Malawi, you can obtain the application form from the nearest Malawi foreign missions.
- Submit or file the application form.
- After collection and filing of the application, the applicant should have part B commissioned by a Magistrate or a Commissioner for Oaths.
- The applicant must report to the District Commissioners Office where he or she comes from to confirm the place of origin on part C.
- The applicant must present himself or herself at one of the following Immigration Offices: Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu depending on where he or she is residing for easy follow up and be subjected to thorough interviews by the Immigration Officer at the counter.
- The applicant will have his or her biometrics (picture, fingerprints, and signature) taken.
- The applicant must pay the passport fee at the Malawi Savings Bank located within the Immigration Offices.
- Two completed passport forms together with two passport size photographs.
- Documents that prove your identity (e.g. Birth Certificate, Academic Certificate or Voters Registration Certificate or Official Letter from the employer)
- a letter from the Ministry responsible that certifies the grade of the applicant
Office Locations & Contacts
Immigration Headquarters, Blantyre
Box 331 Blantyre
Telephone Number: 01823777
- For a Table of Addresses, click on this link: http://www.immigration.gov.mw/table-of-addresses.html
- For a List of Physical Addresses, click on this link: http://www.immigration.gov.mw/physical-addresses.html
- For a List of Malawi Foreign Missions, click on this link: http://www.immigration.gov.mw/malawi-foreign-missions.html
Senior Government Officials from Grade H are entitled to this passport.
Issuance of a Service Passport - 18,100.00
An Service Malawian passport is valid for 10 years.
Documents to Use
Passport Application Form:
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Issuance of a Service Passport - 5 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Passport applicants should not make travel arrangements before their passport is ready. They should apply at least 20 days before their travel date.
- Female, married applicants who wish to apply for a passport must show their husbands names upon production of a Marriage Certificate. In case of reverting to their original maiden names as a result of husbands death or divorce, death or divorce certificates must be produced to approve the change.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A Service Passport is a travel document issued to government employees for work-related travel, and to accompanying dependents. It is also known as Special Passport.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Department of Immigration Republic of Malawi: http://www.immigration.gov.mw/index.html
More information which might help people.