Maharashtra - Obtain a Birth certifcate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Online Mode
- The birth certificate is issued by Municipal Corporation/Municipal Council in urban areas whereas in rural areas the authority is the Tehsildar at the Taluka level after the proof of registration of birth is provided to concerned authority.
- After the registration process gets completed. You will be given single copy of birth certificate in free of cost.
- Applying birth certificate online in Maharashtra
- To get the birth certificate through online register yourself in https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en/Login/Certificate_Documents?ServiceId=2476 and then after confirming your registration through its data.
- Give the all required information and click the proceed button and you will get a confirmation SMS in your phone write the code and now login with using your user id with pass. Applicants have to update their profile either the department will remove it. Candidates also have to note that all section with * (red star) marked are compulsory to fill on the website.
- Find the option of Birth Certificate and complete your registration. Take the printout of web copy for the filled application and visit to the CSC office for submitting it. After that the officer in CSC will provide you the details and information to picking it.
- Application on a plain paper.
- Proof of Birth of the person in respect of whom the certificate is required.
- Affidavit specifying place, date and time of birth/death of the person.
- Copy of Ration Card.
- School leaving certificate, if any, showing date of birth (in the case of birth certificate only).
- All documents to be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai,
Mumbai C.S.T. 400001
Feedback E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email IDs for MCGM employees
- Here is the list of municipal Corporations in Maharashtra
Nashik Municipal Corporation
Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
Pune Municipal Corporation
Amarawati Municipal Corporation
Malegaon Municipal Corporation
Thane Municipal Corporation
Ahmednagar Municipal Corporation
Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation
Nagpur Municipal Corporation
Solapur Municipal Corporation
Aurangabad Municipal Corporation
Sangli Miraj Kupwad Municipal Corporation
Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation
Bhiwandi-Nizampur Municipal Corporation
Kolhapur Municipal Corporation
Akola Municipal Corporation
Nanded-Waghala Municipal Corporation
Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation
Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation
Latur Municipal Corporation
Any Indian citizen.
Rs.15/- per copy plus service charges of Rs.5/-
Your Birth Certificate is valid for Life Long.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
You should be getting a response normally within 21 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Concerned Authority
- Birth Certificate is issued by the Municipal Corporation/Municipal Council in urban areas whereas in rural areas the authority is the Tehsildar at the Taluka level.
- The authority at the village level is the Gram Panchayat Office.
- In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births Act, 1969) to register every birth with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the centre and the Chief Registrars in the States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
- Birth certificate form can be downloaded from the following site http://crsorgi.gov.in/web/index.php/auth/login
The processes are available through the online and offline both of mode for Maharashtra birth certificate. In the offline mode applicants need to get the registration form which can be get through the various online official websites of Maharashtra govt or by the municipal corporation as well as. Also in the online mode the Mahaonline website has the option to make the online registration. Here we are going to describe both of mode so read carefully all the information before you going to apply for birth certificate in any of the district, taluk or village.
- Name of the Father, Age and Occupation
- Name of the Mother
- Date of Birth & Sex of Child
- Place of Birth
- Name of Hospital & Address
- Name of Nursing Home & Address
- At home and Address
- Residential address at the time of Birth
Need for the Document
A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens. It becomes necessary to obtain a Birth Certificate because it serves to establish the date and fact of ones birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools and to the Government Service, claiming the right to marry at the legally permissible age, settlement of inheritance and property rights, and obtaining Government-issued identity documents like a driving licence or passport.
Information which might help
- The Mahaonline is the only way for registration for Maharashtra birth certificate. Do not use or visit to any other website and dont give your personal information to other websites.
- The application form can also get through the concerned office, tehsil or by the panchayat in hard copy after paying fees for it. Applicants have to also attach the court fee with it before submitting.
- Use the e-Governance India website to download application online in PDF file. Applicants are suggested to attach their all documents attested copy from any Maharashtra / central govt officer with stamp.
- Dont lose the birth certificate Maharashtra you can get it only once. If you loss it then need to pay the extra fees for getting the duplicate copy. Also make sure that dont submit the original copy of it anywhere.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A certified birth certificate copy that can typically be used for passport, proof of citizenship, social security, driver's license, school registration, personal identification and other legal purposes
- Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act: https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en
More information which might help people.