Maharashtra - Apply for Ration Card
For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS), Ration Cards (Family Identity Cards) are being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card.
Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
Ration card is a mandatory document for all individuals in India. This card can be used as a family identity card and at ration shops where food products can be purchased at lesser rates, which is a great economic help. This is also a very well accepted address and ID proof. This is an important document in case you need to apply for other government documents like passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
- You should be Indian Citizen
- You should be resident of Maharashtra.
- You should not possess any other ration cards in Maharashtra or any other states in India.
- If you are newly married and have your name in your family ration card, you and your spouse should get name deletion certificates (Removing names from your family cards).
Ads by Google
An applicant who desires to obtain a ration card has to apply to the Rationing Office of his area in the prescribed form. The Mumbai-Thane Rationing area is controlled by the Controller of the Rationing Office. At the district & Tehsil levels, the District Supply Officer and the Tehsildar respectively are the authorities for the processing of applications.
The Controller of the Rationing office is the nodal office for the issue of ration cards, from 42 rationing offices in the Mumbai and Thane region of Maharashtra. The District Supply officer/ Foodgrain Distribution Officer in a district and the Tehsildar in a Tehsil are responsible for the processing of applications for ration cards.
The Food and Civil Supply Department of the Govt. of Maharashtra is responsible for issuing ration cards in Maharashtra.
- Applicant's Name
- Father's / Husband's Name
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Annual Family Income
- Full Address
- Telephone / mobile / email
- Complete details of family members
- Date of birth
- Monthly Income
- Election Card Photo identity number
- Details of gas connection
- An application in the prescribed format is to be submitted along with a copy of residential proof such as house rent receipt, bank passbook, electricity/telephone bill, driving licence, identity card, allotment letter towards quarters issued by the Govt. MHADA, CIDCO, and NOC from house owner or a copy of the agreement if the premises is rented.
- An affidavit that the applicant does not have a ration card, is also required.
In case of transfer of a ration card, the applicant has to produce the certificate of cancellation of the previous ration card from the issuing authority.
For the addition of a child’s name in the existing ration card, a copy of the birth certificate of the child whose name is being added is required. Similarly, to add spouse’s name, the certificate of deletion of the name of the spouse from the previous ration card is required.
Ads by Google
- 2 copies of cluster pictures of family
- Type and photograph on the shape punctually authenticated
- Form documented by the officer of the department if an individual on Government worker.
- In case of non-government worker, the Circle FSO conducts spot inquiries by recording statement of 2 freelance witnesses in the neighborhood.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department
Mantralaya Annexe, Mumbai
PIN - 400032
Telephone : + 91 – 22 – 22023183
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Ration cards can be used as a id proof for getting other government documents like passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
For downloading forms use this link: http://www.controllerofrationing.com/download_forms.html
More information which might help people.