Madagascar - Starting a Business
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Phase Pre-creation
- Existence of an object and a headquarters
- Choice of company name or company
- Choice of legal form
- Adoption of statutes (company)
- Choosing a Local
- Phase Constitution and Administrative Legal
How to create a company in Madagascar
- Creation phase is done in maximum 04 days within EDBM:
- Edition status (company)
- Constitutive General Assembly (company)
- Establishment and subscription payments (SA company)
- Opening a capital company's (SA) Obtain or request made
- licenses or permits or approvals required for the activity.
- Authentication procedures (company)
- Recording status (company)
- Declaration of existence
- Registration tax for obtaining the tax file number
- Tax Declaration
- Regulation of business tax
- Where to extract the role of patent
- Registration in the Commercial Register in order to obtain an analytical and serial number
- Statistical registration in order to obtain a statistical number
- Tax registration to obtain a
- tax identification number
- Obtaining business card
- Post constitution Phase
- Hiring staff
- Affiliation at CNAPS and club membership of Occupational Medicine
- Opening a bank account
- Publication in newspapers
- Model or form that can be removed EDBM or downloaded from the website: http://www.edbm.gov.mg
- Statutes of Company
- National Identity Card (NIC) OR IF ABROAD, passport copy with the long-stay visa of the manager (s)
- Residence certificate (original) of the manager(s)
- Proxy and legalized copy of CIN of the agent
- Declaration of existence
- Statement of formation of a company (B1), IF Co-management, insert (B1 Bis)
- Declaration of non-conviction (manager and co-manager)
- Investment capital
- Company identification card
- Certificate of parentage (ONLY for foreign manager and co-manager)
- Certificate of existence of the location (sales and deposits) issued by the Fokontany of the location
- Detailed plans of the premises used for the activity with explicit indication of the dining, shopping, places of deposits covered by Fokontany
Office Locations & Contacts
Chamber of Commerce and Industry France Madagascar
Building Tana Ankorondrano 2000
Tel: (00261) 20 22 696 49
Fax: (00261) 20 22 633 12
All businesses in Madagascar.
- Commercial registration fee: MGA 15,500.
- Deed registration costs: MGA 2,000.
- Kbis: MGA 2,000.
- Institut National de la Statistique Malgache (INSTAT) (see Decree 2005-380, dated June 22, 2005): MGA 40,000.
- Registration fees: 0.5% of the share capital.
- Fee to publish a notice of constitution in a daily newspaper: MGA 2,000.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
GUIDE guarantees the creation of your company within three days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Prior to registration of the company, the entrepreneur has to obtain a new tax identification number. In order to do so, the entrepreneur has to apply online and provide for more documents. Online Registration (NIFONLINE) must be made before the issuance of the Certificate of Registration Tax (20/05/2003 art CGI).
A business can be entirely foreign-owned or locally owned; investment authorizations are no longer required. However, at least one of its executives must reside in Madagascar. If a newly established company (domestic or foreign) wants to engage in international trade, it must register with the Ministry of Commerce and Trade. Companies can obtain their statistical card, tax registration confirmation, commercial registration number, and professional card at the one-stop shop. They must also register for social security and health insurance, which can be done through the Economic Development Board of Madagascar (EDBM)s one-stop shop. Companies in Madagascar are free to open and maintain bank accounts in foreign currency. Minimum capital requirements have been abolished.
- Business Name
- Full address
- Identity of any domiciliary
- Principal place of business (Complete address)
- Activities performed
- Company details
- Marital status
- Declaration on OFFICERS (and related officials and people with the power to bind the company)
- Date and place of birth
Need for the Document
This procedure outlines requirements to start a business in Madagascar, including interactions to obtain necessary permits and licenses and to complete all inscriptions, verifications, and notifications to start operations.
Starting a business in Madagascar now has a single point, the GUIDE, a service offered by EDBM (Economic Development Board of Madagascar).
Information which might help
The k-bis, statistical card, tax registration confirmation, commercial registration number, and professional card (carte professionelle) can be obtained in about 2 days. Owing to reforms, a notice of publication is no longer needed to obtain the k-bis. Since 2007, the one stop-shop (Guichet Unique, GUIDE) sends the company the certificate for the deposit of statutes (certificat de dpt d'actes).
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.