Karnataka - Obtain Caste Certificate
In order to support the claim to avail the benefits of reservation in various courses and jobs, applicants must furnish Caste Certificates issued by the competent authority. In Karnataka, the Tahsildar, a Taluk level functionary, is authorized to issue Caste Certificates.
Any Citizen covered under the OBC, MBC, SC, ST communities can avail the service. For children's should have completed 3 years.
Ads by Google
The caste certificate is required at the time of admission in any of the educational institution. It is also extremely important for some other works also. Citizen may need to visit their nearest concerned department office or they can submit the registration to get the certificate (according to the state govt). In Karnataka this facility is available through the application form system. Formally the process is apply for this document is available through SDM (sub divisional magistrate), tehsil office or in the revenue department office. In case the person is applying for the certificate first time in their family then the department takes some verification and local inquiry. To make the certificate you need an application form, photo ID, one photo, photo copy of the ration card and must affidavit on stamp paper of Rs 10. You will get the application form through typist sitting outside the Collectorate office. The administration has no system for providing application in office or you can download it through the official website of karunadu.gov.in which is available in the e-Forms section.
- Name of the Applicant
- Father/Husband’s Name
- Sex (M/F)
- Residential Address
- Ration Card No (Copy to be enclosed)
- School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate(Copy to be enclosed)
- Details of Community Certificate of Parents
- Details of School Certificates of Parents
- Date of application
Applicants need to submit an application furnishing the details of their caste, income and other relevant information to the Taluk office, in whose jurisdiction the candidate usually resides. The application submitted by the candidate would be scrutinized by the caseworker in the Taluk office and would then be forwarded to the concerned revenue official (Village Accountant in case of villages and Revenue Inspector in case of urban areas). The revenue official verifies the details of the application by visiting the candidate’s place and submits a report with a recommendation. The Tahsildar verifies the report and either approves or disapproves the recommendation. Based on the Tahsildar’s orders the certificate/endorsement is issued to the applicant.
Ads by Google
- Parents’/ Parents siblings(preferably male) Caste Certificate issued by the prescribed Authority.
- Photo ID
- Copy of State School Leaving Certificate (SSLC).
- One photo
- Photo copy of the ration card
- Affidavit on stamp paper of Rs 10.
The citizen will be charged Rs15 for the application transaction
The caste certificate issued to SC/ST person is valid for lifelong, until it is cancelled by the authority who has issued.
Link to download the Application form from the E-forms section of the Karunadu.gov.in website:
1) Open the link, and then select the Karnataka Minorities Development Corporation ltd as the concerned Department
2) Select Karnataka Minorities Development Corporation ltd forms as the next option
3) Select FORM-F INCOME AND CASTE CERTIFICATE FOR BACKWARD CLASSES OTHER THAN CATEGORY-1
4) Download the form.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The process likely to take around 10 days.
- Taluk office in Nelamangala - http://www.justdial.com/Bangalore/taluk-office-%3Cnear%3E-nelamangala/080P5129401
- Taluk office in Bangalore North - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Bangalore/K.G+Road/Tahsildar+Bangalore+North+Taluk+Office/rph15pfd/
- Taluk office in Krishnarajapura - http://in.local.yahoo.com/bangalore/taluk-office-3a3e88bd1ad873d1033a12e88db005c5/
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Concerned Authority
The Village Accountant/Revenue Inspector, as the case may be, the Tahsildar and the Caseworker at the Taluk office.
These Certificates are generally required for getting benefits of various Government Schemes and Reservation in Government Services/Institutes etc.
More information which might help people.