Hong Kong - Replace Driver Licence
This procedure provides you information on how you can replace your lost or damaged driver's licence.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To apply for a duplicate licence you will need to complete application form TD106. A link is provided under "Documents to Use" section which you can use to download the form.
- Submit the completed application together with your identity document (a photocopy is acceptable) at any one of the Transport Department Licensing Offices or to P.O. Box 68115, Kowloon East Post Office, Hong Kong by post. If you are applying for duplicate licence because your current one is damaged, you will also need to present the licence to be replaced.
- Pay the appropriate fee.
Note: In case the lost or defaced driving licence will expire within 4 months, you may apply for renewal of driving licence (form TD557) instead of obtaining a new one. Underpaid mail items will be rejected. Please pay sufficient postage to ensure mail items can duly the Transport Department.
Ads by Google
- Completed application form TD106
- Identity document (a photocopy is acceptable)
- If you are applying for duplicate licence because your current one is damaged, you will also need to present the licence to be replaced.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Full Driving Licence
- Aged 60 or below: 10 years
- Aged above 60 but below 70: Up to the day before the applicant reaches the age of 70 or 3 years, whichever is longer
- Aged 70 or above: 1-year or 3-year (depending on the applicant's choice)
Learner's Driving Licence: 12 months from the date of issue
Temporary Driving Licence: 12 months from the date of arrival in Hong Kong or until the expiry of the overseas driving licence, whichever occurs first
Probationary Driving Licence: 12 months initially and 6 months if extension is required
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Telephone hotline: 2804 2600
Fax hotline: 2804 2652
E-mail address: email@example.com
Postal address: 41/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Licensing Office
3/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway,
near Exit D of Admiralty MTR Station
Phone: (852) 2804 2636
Fax: (852) 2804 2599
Kowloon Licensing Office
2/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices,
303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
near Exit C of Sham Shui Po MTR Station
Phone: (852) 2150 7728
Fax: (852) 2782 0153
Kwun Tong Licensing Office
5/F, Kowloon East Government Office,
12 Lei Yue Mun Road, Kowloon
near Exit D4 of Kwun Tong MTR Station
Phone: (852) 2775 6835
Fax: (852) 2348 2150
Sha Tin Licensing Office
2/F, Sha Tin Government Offices,
1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin, New Territories
near Exit B of Sha Tin MTR Station
Phone: (852) 2606 1468
Fax: (852) 2691 1242
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (open during lunch hours)
The Offices will be closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.