Hong Kong - Apply for Temporary Driver License
A temporary driving license is generally for applicants with an overseas license that was not issued by one of the countries stated in Appendix C. (See below for Appendix C)
- Hold a valid overseas driving license of which the issuing country or place is NOT on the list in Appendix C;
- Apply for a driving test within 3 months after the date of arrival in Hong Kong; and
- Satisfy any one of the requirements listed below:
- have resided in the overseas country or place of issue for a period of not less than 6 months during which the license was issued; or
- have held the license for 5 years or more immediately prior to the application; or
- hold a passport or equivalent travel document of the country or place in which the license was issued.
- If you subsequently fail in any part of the driving test, your temporary driving license will be cancelled immediately.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Complete an application form TD181 ; and
- Submit it to Hong Kong Licensing Office.
Application Form TD181: http://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/common/tdforms/td181%282010.08%29.pdf
Ads by Google
- Hong Kong Identity Card (original);
- Relevant travel document (e.g. passport) (original);
- Relevant overseas driving license (original);
- An officially certified translation of your overseas driving license if it is in a language other than English or Chinese;
- Other relevant supporting documents (original);
- Address proof (residential address and correspondence address) issued within the last 3 months (e.g. water/electricity/gas/mobile phone bill or bank correspondence);
- Medical examination report form TD256 duly completed by a registered medical practitioner (only for applicants aged 70 or above); and
- Required fee (you may make enquiries at the enquiry counters of licensing offices or through 1823 Call Centre, refer to the license fees table (TD341) at the licensing offices, or visit Transport Department's website for information).
For a list of fees, follow this link: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/fees_and_charges/index.html
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Telephone No:(852) 2804 2600
Fax No: (852) 2804 2652
Hong Kong Licensing Office
3/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Hong Kong.
(near Exit D of Admiralty MTR Station)
Phone: (852) 2804 2636 (852) 2804 2599
Kowloon Licensing Office
2/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices,
303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon.
(near Exit C of Sham Shui Po MTR Station)
Phone: (852) 2150 7728 (852) 2782 0153
Kwun Tong Licensing Office
5/F, Kowloon East Government Office,
12 Lei Yue Mun Road, Kowloon.
(near Exit D4 of Kwun Tong MTR Station)
Phone: (852) 2775 6835 (852) 2348 2150
Sha Tin Licensing Office
2/F, Sha Tin Government Offices,
1 Sheung Wo Che Road,
Sha Tin, New Territories.
(near Exit B of Sha Tin MTR Station)
Phone: (852) 2606 1468 (852) 2691 1242
The service hours of the four Licensing Offices are as follows:
- Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (open during lunch hours)
- The Offices will be closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Apply for a Temporary Driving License: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/licences_and_permits/vehicle_and_driving_licences/how_to_apply_for_a_driving_licence/driving_in_hong_kong_for_overseas_driving_licence_/index.html
Transport Department Fees and Charges: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/fees_and_charges/index.html
Driving License Forms: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_forms/td_forms/driving_licence/index.html
Office Locations: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/licences_and_permits/vehicle_and_driving_licences/licensing_offices/index.html
More information which might help people.