Hong Kong - Apply for Seaman Identity Book
This page contains information on how to apply for a seaman identity book in Hong Kong.
- Bonafide Seafarer
- a Chinese citizen who is on unconditional stay in Hong Kong; or
- an HKSAR resident not of Chinese nationality, who is on unconditional stay in Hong Kong, and is unable to obtain a national passport or travel document of any other country or territory.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- The application forms can be downloaded below.
- Use block letter and black or blue inked pens in answering the application form.
- Submit the application form with the specified photograph and the supporting documents. The link of the offices is listed below.
Ads by Google
- Your Hong Kong identity card
- Hong Kong Seaman's Employment Registration Book
For under 18 years of age applicants, the following additional documents are needed:
- If married, only the marriage certificate is required.
- If not married, the following documents must be provided:
- The parent or legal guardian should complete and sign section 3 of the application form (Form ID 94) to confirm his / her consent to the application
- Hong Kong identity card or valid travel document of the consenting parent or guardian
- Birth Certificate(if was consented by the parent) or Court Order(if was consented by the legal guardian)
The fee for the application of HKSAR Seaman's Identity Book (whether of full or restricted validity) are as follows:
- HK$215 (or US$28)
Surcharge for Applications made Outside Hong Kong
- Delivery by double registered air mail - HK$43 (or US$6)
- Delivery by express dispatch service
- Asia-Pacific – HK$125 (or US$16.5)
- North America and Europe – HK$180 (or US$23.5)
- Other areas – HK$250 (or US$32.5)
Bank handling charge (If the cheque or bank draft is not drawn in a bank in the HKSAR or not in HKSAR currency)
- HK$100 (or US$13)
Note:The following application fee will be collected at the time of application.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
For Local applications, the documents can be submitted at any of the following offices except for the 'Travel Documents and Nationality (Application) Section'
For Overseas applications, the documents can be submitted below
- Through Chinese Diplomatic and Consular Missions
The applications can be submitted by post or in person to the nearest Chinese Diplomatic and Consular Mission.
- By post to the Immigration Department in Hong Kong
Or the application can be sent to:
- Travel Documents and Nationality (Application) Section
- Hong Kong Immigration Department
- 4/F, Immigration Tower,
- 7 Gloucester Road,
- Wan Chai,
- Hong Kong
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.