Guam - Obtain a Marriage Certificate
Marriage is a legal contract binding two people together, granting them rights and obligations. A Marriage Certificate is an official statement that two people are married.
A copy of the marriage certificate is often required for procedures such as obtaining a passport or applying for certain social benefits.
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a marriage certificate in Guam.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Request for certificate/s by going to Office of Vital Statistics.
- Provide all the needed information in the request form to make the search for the record much easier.
- Pay the fee. You may pay in cash or use your credit card (VISA and MasterCard).
If you are off the island and needed to get a certified record of a vital event, you may send a request by mail.
- Provide your full legal name and the date of the event on your request.
- Include a photocopy of your identification for verification purposes and a self-addressed stamped envelope for return mail.
- You may also provide special handling instructions along with your request.
- Mail request to:
123 Chalan Kareta, Mangilao, Guam 96913
Ads by Google
For requests submitted by mail:
- Written request
- Photocopy of your identification
- Self-addressed stamped envelope for return mail
Marriage Certificate: $10.00
Method of payment for on-island requests:
- Credit Card (VISA and MasterCard)
Method of payment for off-island requests:
- Money order or cashier’s check made payable to Treasurer of Guam
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Office of Vital Statistics
123 Chalan Kareta, Mangilao, GU
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 3:30 pm
(W) (671) 735-7263, 735-7185, 735-7280
(F) (671) 734-5910
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.