Guam - Obtain a Marriage Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Request for certificate/s by going to Office of Vital Statistics.
- Provide all the needed information in the request form to make the search for the record much easier.
- Pay the fee. You may pay in cash or use your credit card (VISA and MasterCard).
If you are off the island and needed to get a certified record of a vital event, you may send a request by mail.
- Provide your full legal name and the date of the event on your request.
- Include a photocopy of your identification for verification purposes and a self-addressed stamped envelope for return mail.
- You may also provide special handling instructions along with your request.
- Mail request to:
123 Chalan Kareta, Mangilao, Guam 96913
For requests submitted by mail:
- Written request
- Photocopy of your identification
- Self-addressed stamped envelope for return mail
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of Vital Statistics
123 Chalan Kareta, Mangilao, GU
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:00 3:30 pm
(W) (671) 735-7263, 735-7185, 735-7280
(F) (671) 734-5910
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Marriage Certificate: $10.00
Method of payment for on-island requests:
- Credit Card (VISA and MasterCard)
Method of payment for off-island requests:
- Money order or cashiers check made payable to Treasurer of Guam
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Marriage is a legal contract binding two people together, granting them rights and obligations. A Marriage Certificate is an official statement that two people are married.
A copy of the marriage certificate is often required for procedures such as obtaining a passport or applying for certain social benefits.
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a marriage certificate in Guam.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.