Guam - Obtain Tobacco License
Persons who are thinking of retailing or selling on a wholesale basis tobacco products need to obtain a retail or wholesale tobacco license.
Any person directly or indirectly engaged in the business of manufacturing tobacco products may not retail tobacco products, directly or indirectly, or hold a retail or wholesale license. It shall not be a violation of the Tobacco Control Act for any such person engaged in the business of manufacturing tobacco products to import, export or sell for resale tobacco products to a duly licensed tobacco wholesaler.
This procedure provides you information on how you can apply for a Tobacco License in Guam.
- You may only apply for one type of Tobacco License (either retail or wholesale)
- Applicant must be real party in interest
- Must be older than 18 years old
- A license of any class will not be issued to any person who held a license which was revoked within a one (1) year period prior to the date of the application.
- A license will not be issued to any person which the Director of Revenue and Taxation deems unfit to hold a license.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- You may apply for a license at the One Stop Licensing Centre located at N. Marine Drive (full address given below).
- You will need to complete an application and submit it to the licensing officer. Read the Tobacco Control Act of 2006 (link given below) to know more.
- Pay the annual license fee.
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
- Annual Retail License: $ 100.00
- Annual Vending Machine Retail License: $ 40.00
- Annual Wholesaler License: $ 1,000.00
Licenses are issued on an annual basis and expires on the thirty-first (31st) day of March following the date of issuance. The full fee is paid for any fraction of the year for which a license is issued.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
ONE STOP LICENSING CENTER
Government of Guam
542 N. Marine Drive, Tamuning, Guam 96913
Telephone No. (671) 646-3259
Facsimile No. (671) 649-6178
Hours of operation:
8:00am to 5:00pm
Monday to Friday (except legal holidays)
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Tobacco product means any tobacco cigarette, cigar, pipe tobacco, smokeless tobacco, chewing tobacco or any other form of tobacco which may be utilized for smoking, chewing, inhalation or other means of ingestion.
Note: Electronic cigarettes, also known as e-cigarettes are also treated as a tobacco product.
Display of License
A licensee for sales of tobacco products, excluding sales through vending machines, must prominently display the license on each licensed premise.
The licensee for vending machines sales of tobacco products will need to affix a retail license decal furnished by the Director in a prominent position on each vending machine.
Retail License - license issued by the Director of Revenue and Taxation for the retail sale of tobacco products or sale through a vending machine.
Wholesale License - license issued by the Director of Revenue and Taxation for the wholesale sale of tobacco products to retailers.
More information which might help people.