Guam - Obtain Business License
Individuals and firms who are thinking of engaging in business in Guam must obtain a business license prior to starting their business operations.
This procedure provides you information on how you can apply for a business license in Guam.
There is no citizenship requirement for the application of a business license.
Ads by Google
Categories of Business Licenses:
- Wholesale: The sale of tangible goods for resale by a licensed retailer.
- Retail: The sale of tangible goods to the ultimate consumer or end user.
- Service: Performing or providing a service for others (e.g. house rental, cleaning service, travel agency, etc.)
- Other: Banking, Home Industry, Hand Manufacture, Coin Vending, etc.
- Partnership: An association of two or more persons to carry on as co-owners of a business for profit. Guam law also allows for the formation of Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP’s). A LLP is a general partnership in which the personal liability of each partner is limited to the amount invested by that partner.
- Corporation: Artificial being created by law, having the rights of succession and the powers, attributes and properties expressly authorized by law or incident to its existence. Please note that all corporations must be registered with the Department of Revenue and Taxation prior to applying for a business license.
- Limited Liability Company (LLC): A company that is organized for the sole and specific purpose of rendering professional service and that has as its members only individuals licensed or otherwise authorized within Guam to render the same professional service as the limited liability company. Neither partners nor managers are personally responsible for the obligations of an LLC.
You will need to provide the following information on the application form for a business license:
- Social Security no. or passport no.
- Legal description of business location (block, lot no., and municipality)
- Indicate the type of firm
- Indicate type of business activity
- You may apply for a business license at the One Stop Licensing Centre located at N. Marine Drive (full address given below).
- The One Stop Center provides the convenience of processing most business license applications at one location within one day. Exceptions to this process are for those individuals or entities that are applying for professional services licenses in health (all disciplines), cosmetologists, contractors, Attorney, Certified Public Accountant, insurance, real estate, securities, engineers, architects, surveyors who must have their licenses approved and issued by their respective professional boards in Guam.
- You will need to complete an application and submit it together with the completed character questionnaire, Certificate of Transacting Business under a Fictitious Name (if applicable) and proof of registration with the Department of Revenue & Taxation.
- Applicable fees are made payable to the Treasurer of Guam.
- The license will be issued after all clearances are completed.
Ads by Google
- Completed application
- Character questionnaire
- Certificate of Transacting Business under a Fictitious Name (if applicable)
- Registration with the Dept. of Rev. &Tax
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Most business license applications will be processed by the One Stop Center within the day. Exceptions to this process are for those individuals or entities that are applying for professional services licenses in health (all disciplines), cosmetologists, contractors, Attorney, Certified Public Accountant, insurance, real estate, securities, engineers, architects, surveyors who must have their licenses approved and issued by their respective professional boards in Guam.
ONE STOP LICENSING CENTER
Government of Guam
542 N. Marine Drive, Tamuning, Guam 96913
Telephone No. (671) 646-3259
Facsimile No. (671) 649-6178
Hours of operation:
8:00am to 5:00pm
Monday to Friday (except legal holidays)
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.