Germany - Replace Passport
If your passport or passport card has been lost, stolen or damaged, you must appear in person at your nearest authority that issued this passport to obtain a new passport/passport card.
German citizen who have lost or their passport has been stolen.
Ads by Google
If you have lost your passport or your passport has been stolen you will need to report this to the authority that issued this passport (e.g. if your passport was issued in Berlin you will have to report the lost/stolen passport to the passport office in Berlin).
- Place, date and circumstances of loss
- Surname at birth
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Marital status
- Colour of eyes
- Religious name or artist’s pseudonym
- Current address and contact details
- Details of current German passport/identity papers
- Signature of applicant
- Residence permit in your country of residence
- Report to the police the circumstances of losing the passport.
- Report to the authorities responsible for issuing passport.
- Obtain passport application form from the Immigrations offices
- Fill out the application forms
- Submit the application forms together with other required documents e.g. certified passport size photo.
- Pay the required fees.
Ads by Google
- Police abstract stating how you lost your passport.
- Your old passport an d its photocopy
- Identity card
- Completed and signed application form
- Birth Certificate/Birth Declaration
- Marriage Certificate
- If applicable, a “Declaration of Name Change”
- Proof of Deregistration (Einwohnermeldeamt) from Germany, if the address in the passport is still a German residence.
- Registration Confirmation for Late Repatriates
- For applicants less than 24 years- €59
- For applicants over 24 years of age- €37
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
10 - 12 weeks.
Tel.:+49 (0)30 25 98 0
Fax: +49 (0)30 25 98 2205
Bundesministerium des Innern
Tel.:+49 30 18681-1022/-1023 /-1089
Fax: +49 30 18681-1083
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please keep in mind that you must thoroughly complete the application form, submit the proper passport photos, and include all the necessary documents.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
A new passport law has been in effect since Nov. 1, 2007. Under this new law, fingerprints also must be stored on a chip contained in German passports. This affects all passport applicants six years and older.