French Southern Territories - Police Clearance Certificate (Criminal Record Extract)
You can ask for your criminal record (update 3) regardless of your nationality. The procedure varies depending on your place of birth.
The criminal record can only be requested by the person concerned or his legal representative in the case of a minor or an adult under guardianship. It can in no way, even with the consent of the applicant be issued to a third party.
You do not have the right to ask the police record (update 3) of another person, even if it is your spouse (s) or your adult child. The approach depends on your place of birth.
Ads by Google
‘Extract from Police records’ (Extrait du Casier Judiciaire Bulletin nº 3).French citizens born in France or in the territories may apply directly at:
Note: if you were born in Overseas Territories or in a Territorial Unit, you should go to the Clerk’s Office at the Court of First Instance, in the place where you were born.
- Last name
- Name (s)
- Married name or use
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Department No.
- Home address
- Via Internet using the Teleservice ,
- By mail by sending the form cerfa No. 10071 * 09 (or free mail) National Criminal Records , stating your name (s), date and place of birth, department and address to which must be returned document,
- Fax sending the form cerfa No. 10071 * 09 national criminal record,
- On site in person at National Criminal Records in Clerk’s Office at the Court of First Instance, with a credential valid (identity card, passport, driving license, etc.).
- You were born abroad
- Via Internet using the teleservice if you have a valid email address. After receiving your request, you will receive an email which you must respond by attaching a scanned image of a credential valid (identity card, passport, driving license, etc.). After receiving this document, your application will be processed;
- By mail by sending the form cerfa No. 10071 * 09 national criminal record, either by free mail stating your name (s), date and place of birth, state / country of birth and the address to which document should be returned. You must attach a photocopy (front and back) of a (identity card, passport, driving license, etc.) credential;
- Fax sending the form cerfa No. 10071 * 09 national criminal record. You must attach a photocopy (front and back) of a (identity card, passport, driving license, etc.) credential;
On site in person at National Criminal Records in Nantes, with a credential valid (identity card, passport, driving license, etc.).
Ads by Google
Your application must be accompanied by a photocopy of proof of identity.
Getting your criminal record (update 3) is free. It is not necessary to attach the envelope or stamp for reply.
- There is no text stating the period of validity of a criminal record.
- The period of validity is assessed on a case by case basis.
- Requests by Internet, email or fax are the fastest (a few days depending on postal delays for the return).
- For an application to the Home Court Records, Bulletin No. 3 is immediately delivered.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Bulletin # 3 is the statement of the following convictions by a national court for a criminal offense, when they are not excluded from the update 2:
- sentences to deprivation of liberty for a term exceeding two years which are not subject to any suspension or to be performed entirely by the effect of revocation of suspension;
- Convictions for custodial sentences to the nature of those mentioned in point 1 above and a maturity of up to two years if the court has ordered the reference to Notice No. 3;
- Sentences bans, disqualifications or disabilities imposed by a national court without parole, pursuant to Articles 131-6 to 131-11 of the Penal Code, for the duration of the bans, disqualifications or disabilities;
- Decisions saying the socio-judicial surveillance under Article 131-36-1 of the Criminal Code or a disqualification to exercise or voluntary work involving regular contact with minors for the duration of the measurement .
Bulletin # 3 also contains convictions by foreign courts to deprivation of liberty for a term exceeding two years which are not subject to any suspension.
Bulletin # 3 can be claimed by the person concerned, it shall in no case be issued to a third party, except in the case of the central authority of a Member State European Union, seized by the person concerned.
If the applicant is a foreign national of a Member State of the European Union, any request for update 3 is made to the central authority of the State, so that it communicates the words that appear on the ballot that is issued.
Serves as a proof that the person has no criminal record or previously involved in criminal, breach of trust cases or violation of law both in his home country and during his residence in The French Southern and Antarctic Lands.
Note: If the bulletin stated convictions, disqualifications or disabilities, it is given to you in person or by registered mail with return receipt.
The French Southern and Antarctic Lands, overseas territories that have had administrative and financial autonomy since 1955, do not have elected assemblies, but are placed under the authority of the superior administrator, a representative of the Government. It is an exclusive economic zone of more than 2,500,000 km2, and constitutes 20 % of the total French maritime area.