Finland - Obtain a Duplicate Driver License
If your license has been lost, damaged, destroyed or stolen, or if it is no longer easy to identify the holder by the photo, the police will grant you a duplicate of a driving license.
A holder of Finnish driver's license.
Ads by Google
- If the driving license is later found, it must be surrendered to the police.
- When the license holder's name or personal identity number has changed, the application must be submitted within three months of the change.
- An application for a duplicate license must always be submitted in writing to the local police.
- If the holder of the right to drive has a permanent residence in another EU or EEA country, a duplicate will not be issued.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to a police to request for a duplicate of your driver's license.
- Complete the application form.
- Prove your identity and submit your letter of request for a duplicate.
- Pay the application fee.
A driver license is delivered to the holder by posting it to their home address entered in the Population Information System. If the holder doesn't have a Finnish home address or cannot be posted for some other reason, the driving license permit will be delivered to the police department that granted it.
For more information on driving licenses and driving tests for mopeds and light quadricycles, contact your local police or the Finnish Transport Safety Agency Trafi.
Trafi’s driving license helpline: +358 29 534 5113
Ads by Google
- proof of identity
- proof of residency
- letter of request for duplicate license
Driving licence duplicate and other driving licenses - 42 €
- Driving licenses for cars and motorcycles will as a rule be issued for 15 years, and driving licenses for lorries and buses for 5 years at a time.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
To find a local police station to your area, click on the link below:
Police Contact Information: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/contactus
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Duplicate of Driving License: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/14E434BA11FEEC75C2256C37002D074D?opendocument
Prices for Police Services: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/1C6E6CB545F4B16BC2257B0C0031E6F3?opendocument
More information which might help people.