Finland - Motorcycle Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Driving instruction:
- After you have obtained a motorcycle training licence, you may now begin receiving driving instructions and practice driving.
- For each motorcycle category, you must complete at least 12 hours of theory and at least nine hours of practical instruction. Under certain circumstances, an exception may be made to the minimum amount of driving instruction you are required to take.
- Driving examination:
- Take a driving examination after completing your course of instruction.
- You can book a time for your examination at an Ajovarma office.
- Do not forget to bring with you a valid ID when you take the tests.
- The driving examination includes a theory test, a handling test and a driving test on the road.
- Receiving your licence:
- You will receive a certificate after you pass your examination. This certificate will entitle you to drive a motorcycle of the designated category in Finland (excluding the land Islands) for six months.
- Your driving licence will be posted to your home address in about three weeks after you have passed your driving test.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Finnish Transport Safety Agency
P.O.Box 320, Fi-00101 Helsinki, Finland
telephone + 358 29 534 5000
Depending on the size of your motorcycle, you will need either a Category A1, A2 or A licence to ride your motorcycle.
Category A1 licence: entitles holder to ride a light motorcycle
Category A2 licence: entitles holder to ride a medium-sized motorcycle
Category A licence: for larger motorcycles
Minimum age requirement:
- Category A1: 16 years old
- Category A2: 18 years old.
- Category A : 24 years old.
- If you are upgrading your Category A2 licence to a Category A licence with further instruction, you must be aged at least 20.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Your motorcycle driving licence will be posted to you in about three weeks after you have passed your driving test.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
If you are applying for a Category A licence you must first obtain a motorcycle training licence.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how to apply for a motorcycle licence.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.