Finland - Disabled Parking Permit
A disabled parking permit may be issued to a seriously disabled person or for the purpose of transporting seriously disabled person. The permit is recognized in all EU Member States.
This procedure provides you information on how you can apply for a disabled parking permit.
Issuance of disabled parking permit will be based on the following:
- An impediment due to an illness, handicap or disability that can be considered to prevent the person from walking independently and is rated as at least Disability Class 11 under Section 84 of the Employment Accidents Insurance Act (459/2015);
- If disability results from impaired vision, visual acuity in the better eye can be a maximum of 0.1 or overall eyesight corresponds to Disability Class 17;
- A permit for transporting a seriously disabled person may be issued if the said person requires regular transport and cannot manage without an escort after transportation.
A doctor will decide on whether the above conditions are fulfilled.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Submitting an application to Ajovarma:
- Apply for a parking permit at an Ajovarma office. You do not need to submit your application to an Ajovarma office in person.
- If you are applying for the permit for the first time you must include a medical certificate (a form approved by Trafi) in your application. Your doctor will give you a certificate after your medical examination. Medical certificate forms are available at doctor's surgeries and healthcare centres. A permit will not be issued if the medical certificate contains vague or insufficient detail. The medical certificate must explicitly state whether or not the doctor supports the issue of a disabled parking permit.
- Submitting your application online:
- Apply for the permit online through Trafi's 'My e-Services'. You can use this online service to apply for a new disabled parking permit and renew an existing permit, but not to obtain a duplicate permit - Link.
- Log in using your online banking codes.
- Complete the application and attach the required documents. You can also post these documents to Ajovarma Oy, Lämmittäjänkatu 2b, 00880 Helsinki;
- Pay for your permit using your online banking codes.
Ads by Google
First time applicants: A medical certificate for a disabled parking permit (a form approved by Trafi). Your doctor will give you a certificate after your medical examination. Medical certificate forms are available at doctor's surgeries and healthcare centres.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
In the case of permanent disability, the parking permit is issued for ten years. In other cases, a permit will be issued for the duration specified in the medical certificate.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Finnish Transport Safety Agency
P.O.Box 320, Fi-00101 Helsinki, Finland
telephone + 358 29 534 5000
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.