Finland - Cancel an Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to a police department to request cancellation of an identity card.
- State the reasons for your request.
- reliable proof of identity
Office Locations & Contacts
To find a local police station to your area, click on the link below:
Police Contact Information: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/contactus
Any identity card holder.
Identity card - 53
Identity card for minors - 36
Temporary identity card - 33
An identity card is valid for 5 years. A temporary identity card is valid for 4 months.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- An identity card can be cancelled if it has been lost, stolen or defaced, or its markings has been altered or in case of unauthorized use by someone other than the holder.
- The Social Insurance Institution may ask the police to cancel an identity card that includes health insurance information if the holder no longer is covered by health insurance in Finland.
- An identity card can also be cancelled if the data contained in its electronic certificate has been altered.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The police may cancel an identity card if the holder requested it. An identity card for minor can also be cancelled if the guardian withdraw his or her consent.
Information which might help
A person may only have one valid identity card at a time. When the police makes a new decision on issuing an identity card, previous decisions will no longer be valid.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Cancelling an identity card: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/2EB2A1DF4A431358C2256C29002C14ED?opendocument
Prices for Police Services: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/1C6E6CB545F4B16BC2257B0C0031E6F3?opendocument
More information which might help people.