Finland - Apply for Training License for Motorcycle
A learner has the right to ride a motorcycle without the presence of an instructor for the purpose of obtaining a motorcycle license.
An applicant can be granted a motorcycle training license if:
- he has a valid driving license permit
- he has participated in driving instruction for four hours, of which at least two hours have been practical on-road riding
- he has passed the theory test
- he has passed the motorcycle handling test.
- no driving bans have been imposed on the applicant in the five years preceding the date of the license decisions.
Ads by Google
- The training license must be paid for when submitting the application.
- A motorcycle should fulfill the requirements of the relevant driving license category before it can be used for the training. The details of the motorcycle will be entered on the training license.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to a police department to apply for a training license.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit the required documents stated below.
- Pay the application fee.
Ads by Google
- a certificate of basic traffic and vehicle control skills
- consent of parents/guardians if the applicant is under 18
Training license for a motorcycle - 30 €
The training license can be granted for a maximum of 3 months and certain conditions may be imposed.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
To find a local police station to your area, click on the link below:
Police Contact Information: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/contactus
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Training License for a motorcycle: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/7C7162CC51F2C254C2256C37002EBDAE?opendocument
Prices for Police Services: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/1C6E6CB545F4B16BC2257B0C0031E6F3?opendocument
More information which might help people.