Finland - Apply for Temporary Passport
A temporary passport is a biometric passport with a microchip (but no fingerprints). It is issued when an applicant's fingerprints cannot be taken as he or she applies for a passport (for reasons of disability or a physical impediment, for example) and the reason for this is temporary.
It is applicable to any applicant who has disability or physical impediment, preventing him to undergo the process of fingerprints capturing.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to a service point of the local police at any locality.
- Prove your identity and submit other required documents.
- Complete an application form.
- Pay the fee.
Ads by Google
- 1 photograph
- passport or identity card (for proof of identity)
- the written consent of each guardian for applicants aged less than 18 (in case the guardians are not present when applying for the passport)
Finland has introduced new guidelines for passport photos. The aim of these requirements is to standardize passport photos and improve the verification of passport holders’ identities. To check for the guidelines, click on this link: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/files/Passikuvaohje_07-02-2007_EN/$file/Passikuvaohje_07-02-2007_EN.pdf.
Temporary passport - 52 €
A temporary passport is valid for no more than 12 months, after which period a new passport must be applied for if necessary.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- The processing time of a passport is about one week.
- The processing time of a fast-track passport is 2-3 working days. It can be submitted and the finished passport may be collected from any police service point providing license services.
- The delivery time of an express passport is 1 working day. An express passport will be ready on the same day, if the application is submitted before 11 a.m. Otherwise the passport can be collected on the following working day.
A finished express passport can only be collected from Pasila license services point of Helsinki Police Department: Pasilanraitio 11, 00240 Helsinki or from the National Traffic Police service point at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport.
To find a local police station to your area, click on the link below:
Police Contact Information: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/contactus
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.