Finland - Apply for Taxi Driver License
According to the Act about the professional competence of taxi drivers (18 September 2009 / 695) which came into effect on 1 January 2010, the taxi drivers must have the proficiency required for the task and fit for the task. In order to achieve this proficiency, the driver must complete the taxi-driver training and test as well as further training referred to in the Act.
Conditions for A Taxi Driver License
- the applicant has a right to drive a car other than a temporary right obtained for two years or a car driving license issued in another EEA state, and (s)he fulfills the detailed requirements, prescribed by Government decree, relating to the right-to-drive or driving license specified
- the applicant has not reached 70 years of age
- the applicant fulfills the health requirements prescribed for driving-license classes C and D
- the applicant has completed the taxi drivers' training and test to an acceptable standard
- the applicant has local knowledge of the area in which the car is located
- the applicant is otherwise fit to be a taxi driver with regard to his/her personal qualities.
Ads by Google
- Taxi driver licenses are issued by the police.
- A taxi driver has the right to operate a taxi when the license is issued to him.
- There are prerequisites taken into account when assessing a taxi driver's personal qualities.
- An applicant is not considered to be fit when he or she has committed a traffic offense or some other criminal offense prescribed in law.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to a police department to apply for a taxi driver license.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit the required documents stated below.
- Pay the application fee.
A driver license is delivered to the holder by posting it to their home address entered in the Population Information System. If the holder doesn't have a Finnish home address or cannot be posted for some other reason, the driving license permit will be delivered to the police department that granted it.
Ads by Google
For Taxi Driver License Application
- 2 photographs (it is possible to use a photograph previously stored in the vehicular and driver data register from which the applicant can be easily recognized)
- a doctor's statement issued no more than six months earlier
- a certificate for the local knowledge test performed no more than six months earlier
Taxi-driver license - 62 €
- The taxi driver license is issued for a period of five years.
- The taxi driver license shall be extended for five years at a time, if the applicant fulfills the requirements for obtaining the license and shows that (s)he has received further training. *Ho
- The taxi driver license shall remain in force for no longer than the period that the applicant's right-to-drive remains valid and not beyond the applicant's 70th birthday.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
To find a local police station to your area, click on the link below:
Police Contact Information: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/www/contactus
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The taxi driver license may show the car's location or those places of which the driver has local knowledge.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Taxi-driver Licenses: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/F15DDD731E0A29BFC225777D003F37AA?opendocument
Prices for Police Services: https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/1C6E6CB545F4B16BC2257B0C0031E6F3?opendocument
Other information about taxi driver licensing can be found at this site: http://www.trafi.fi/en