Finland - Apply for Patent
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You apply for a patent by filing an application in writing with the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH). You can file your application online using the eOLF software or on paper.
- Following link provides the application forms that can be used : Application forms
- Following link provides contact information related to Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) : PRH Contact Information
- Completed application form
- A description of your invention, and any related drawings.
- An abstract
- Any other accompanying documents, such as a statement on the right to the invention, or an assignment document, or a power of attorney.
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link provides contact information related to Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) : PRH Contact Information
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Application forms that can be used : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
A patent granted in Finland only gives protection in Finland. If you also wish to have protection abroad, you have to apply for it separately using for instance the international patent system, PCT system, or the European patent system, EPC system. If you are a Finnish applicant, you can pursue your application in other countries by filing a PCT application with the PRH. You can also file your application directly with the national patent offices in each country.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information related to registering or applying for a Patent in Finland.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.